Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Anyone wanna share their meal prep ideas for: crammed schedules, low budget, low(ish) carb and little refrigeration access during the day? MealPrepSunday

I am not new to meal prepping, but I often fall into routines of the same foods prepared the same way, and my current routine is getting rather old. So, I thought I'd ask if any of the amazing meal preppers here would like to share some ideas I could try. I've been all over Pinterest and such, but for some reason prefer to get direct suggestions rather than follow article advice. Maybe because there's a little more of a connection? creepy eyebrow wiggle

  • OKANYWAYS, I'm a full-time worker and full-time student who gets little sleep, hence why I (like many people) meal prep. But even meal prep days are busy, so I don't have a whole lot of time to cook (ideally, less than 2 hrs).

  • I'm also currently on a bit of a budget. I grocery shop once a week with my s/o and we try to spend less than $100 each time we go. I feel like this is kind of a lot still for the two of us, but we have a parasite roomie who also tends to eat from what we buy.. and never contributes towards the cost, but MOVING ON.

  • I try to keep my macros around 25-30% carbs, 40% fat, and 30-35% protein. This is where I feel the best, or at least as good as I can feel with a constant lack of sleep.

  • Aaand last... most days, I don't have much access to a refrigerator, but I always have a microwave. So, I prefer snacks/meals that keep well outside of refrigeration for a few hours. On school days, I'll usually leave the house at 6:15am and will get around to eating whatever I brought for lunch at 11:30am. Until then, it's in my book bag.

I feel like that makes it difficult to suggest anything.. but if I haven't deterred you yet, the good news is I'm not a picky eater! So post whatever meals ya got. I appreciate any suggestions anyone gives and can't wait to see what great recipes you guys have!

Disclaimer: I might not respond until the AM because I get off work at 6 but 'ideally' should be to sleep by 9:30 if I want to attempt 8 hours of sleep. It usually doesn't happen but I'm (ab)using the power of Benadryl tonight!



Submitted April 14, 2016 at 05:24AM by xwolfxboundx http://ift.tt/1oZ3V0h MealPrepSunday

No comments:

Post a Comment