Sunday, August 2, 2015

My talk with a disappointed chain smoking mother of an Vaper electronic_cigarette

To preface, I work at a car dealership, so we have lots of time to chat about things while taking care of business. This is between me and a woman in her 50s, who seemed batshit crazy before our talk about Vaping. We had this talk after she stepped outside to smoke a cig, interestingly enough. CL=Crazy lady

CL: I know really should stop smoking those things, but you wouldn't believe what my son does!

(Meth? Heroin?)

He smokes electronic cigarettes! And he thinks that's ok! Do you know they have freon gas in them, like a refrigerator? Do you have any idea how toxic that is?

Not about to start debate to nowhere with crazy lady who is buying a car, so-

Me: I actually didn't know they had that, I actually thought they weren't that bad for you

CL: They're terrible! I told him if you must smoke then make it a cigarette, at least we know what's in them. If they have freon, who knows what else is there. Do you know why they're putting so many regulations on E cigarettes?

Me: For taxes?

CL: No, because all the emissions! They're actually some of the worst things for the environment. Worse than cars even! Like we need something else for global warming! So all you're doing with E Cigarettes is breathing in freon gas, which by the way, is a chemical in refrigerators (thanks for the reminder), but you're also polluting. I tried to explain to my son just how bad it is, but he won't belive me! He even said I should use them! Can you believe that! My own son!

Me: Wow, that's interesting. I'm curious, where did you hear all this?

CL: It's all over the news! They had a doctor on just the other day, he said no one should ever pick one up. And here my son is, smoking freon gas and polluting the environment.

Me: I'll have to look into it, I haven't heard any of that before. If I were you I'd do some research online though, before be too hard on him about it.

Lady is unresponsive to suggestion.

And that's how it went, but with more interesting details about depletion of the ozone and inhaling refrigerator fluid.

Tl;dr: Chain smoking customer is angry at son for Vaping, which uses refrigerator fluid to deplete the ozone.



Submitted August 03, 2015 at 11:50AM by jakers91rides http://ift.tt/1Dmh2zf electronic_cigarette

No comments:

Post a Comment