Saturday, August 1, 2015

Looking for Advice on What I'm Doing bodybuilding

My goal is to build muscle and cut body fat in preparation for the Police Academy while finishing up my last semester of college. I weigh 171lbs, height is 5'11, waist circumference is 31 inches, wrist circumference is 6 inches, hip circumference is 35 inches, forearm circumference is 10 inches and body fat percentage is 12% Body Fat index site: http://ift.tt/1zsnmBC

My planned diet consists of eating 8 servings of natural JIF peanut butter and two cans of Starkist tuna chunk light in water each day = 1700 calories, 106g protein and 1060g of fat (mostly from peanut butter). I don’t have a refrigerator, oven or microwave and not financially stable to purchase all the nutrients needed however I use the one a day multivitamin for men.

I plan to work out every three days with one day of rest in between. Day 1 is chest/triceps, Day 2 is legs/shoulders and Day 3 is Back/Biceps. Earlier this week I started this routine just to test the weights and how comfortable I am doing the exercises. 3 sets per exercise along with 12-10-8 reps adding 10lbs per set.

Day 1: Incline, Decline, & Flat Bench Press, Overhead Triceps Extension standing and Dumbbell Triceps Press

Day 2: Calf Raises w/ Dumbbells, Seated Leg Curl, Leg Press, Shoulder Press Dumbbell, Lateral Raise Standing

Day 3: Dumbbell Shrug, Barbell Row, Bicep Curls, Hammer Curls, Dumbbell Deadlift, Dumbbell Bent-Over Row One of my problems is finding the appropriate weight to lift without consistently asking for a spot and how long I should rest in between sets. My questions are: How do I find a manageable weight without consistently asking for a spot and make the muscle feel like its been worked or I feel as if its been worked? How long should I rest in between sets? Heard and read from some people its 30 seconds but from my physical conditioning instructor its either 2 minutes or however long you need to complete set. Is drinking water bad in between sets? And what does drinking water necessarily do while working out? Does it matter how much weight I use for dumbbell calf raises and shrugs? Every time I do these exercises I feel like I don’t accomplish anything. Does that mean I should go heavier? The academy begins in January. Any and all help/advice/suggestions/tips, etc. is appreciated. Hopefully I can turn this into a hobby one day and start bodybuilding. Always been my dream but I lacked the resources growing up and the motivation.



Submitted August 01, 2015 at 09:00PM by LaJ0J0 http://ift.tt/1VThUS1 bodybuilding

No comments:

Post a Comment