Wednesday, June 15, 2016

'93 Corolla Wagon. Rear left power window stopped working. Cartalk

This car has been sitting for almost a year now. I recently went out and bought a new battery and got it registered again. I was giving it look over and testing everything when the RL power window stopped working.

At first I used the driver panel and nothing happened. Then I tried the RL control and the window came down and up again. The driver panel started working after using the rear control and I moved it down and up once more. However when it went up this time I didn't let go of the button right away and it sounded like the motor was still pushing up even though the window was at the top, making a grinding/clicking noise. I then used the driver panel again to move then window down. It got 1/3 of the way down before stopping all together. It won't move with either controls now. All other windows operate normally.

I don't know all the much about cars but I repair refrigerators. I got a little bored so I took off the RL door panel. Used a multimeter to check the switches and they were supplying power and the 2 wires that came from the motor had continuity. I didn't check anything on the driver panel though.

If anyone can try to lead me in the right direction that would be great. I'm hoping to exhaust all electrical options or anything else it could be before replacing the motor. But I'm not sure what I should be looking for.

Thanks.



Submitted June 16, 2016 at 12:57AM by jeremyl04 http://ift.tt/1rqyqNV Cartalk

No comments:

Post a Comment