Friday, June 24, 2016

Methadone clinic- ways to get away from the dosing window with some of your dose opiates

I dont want to catch a bunch of flak with this post for anyone in treatment. Probably dont have to be as worried over here as a more "treatment" oriented thread. But it is a sincere question.

I just started at a new methadone clinic. Basically, me dosing twice a day, on a lower dose, has personally worked better for me than taking a higher, once-a-day dose. My old clinic was a private pay place, and wasn't very regulatory with their dosing. So, I paid a bit more for the diskettes, and wouldnt take my full 100mg in the morning. I would take 40-50mg, and save the rest for half way through the day, or evening, depending on if I was working that day. I just switched to a place covered by insurance, but very strict with their dosing. Me, not being a pregnant woman, is not eligible for split-dosing, not accounting for the fact the short time window the clinic IS open and how far away it is from where I live. So, only real option, other than taking my full dose in the morning, is somehow getting away from the window with some of my dose. In previous clinics, if liquid, I could bring up my own drink to chase it with, and I could spit back roughly half my dose into my drink when "chasing" it, to put in the refrigerator for later. Today, my second day at this new clinic I just transferred to, I was told I could not bring my bottle up to the window, unless it was a clear liquid. (the methadose is pinkish color.) So, I took my full dose a second day in a row. If I must, I'll continue this way, as Ive had to in the past. Maybe I got a bit spoiled in my old clinic, but being able to dose twice a day (or, sometimes, even only once, with the rest saved in case of a missed day) was quite splendid. I know some may say it encourages addict behavior, but I have not relapsed at all doing it this way, havent sold my dose, and if anything, has kept me taking less overall and less at a risk for relapse. If a friend wanted to use, I could stay at home and just take my remaining 40mg and be more content than if not. Ive been in similar situations in the past, but not this strict with the liquid dosing. What do you guys think about this? And others that have done this sort of thing before, if youre comfortable speaking about it, what was your ways around it? Thanks and I hope not to offend anyone. My number 1 goal for being back on methadone is to get, and remain clean! So this is just a speedbump, if at all, but I am a bit uncomfortable now, being used to the lax-ness of my previous clinic. At this point, if I could afford it, I thnk it may have been worth the $65 weekly charge. Alas, I cannot afford it though, so Im going about an hour away (via car, luckily insurance now covers cabs, Ive been bussing it until yesterday, which took hours in the hot 115-120 degree phx, AZ sun) which this place is covered via my insurance. So thankful I dont have to pay, as I am completely out of money. So I cant complain, would just prefer to take less of my dose in the morning if I still can, without dropping my dose with the doc. Thanks guys.



Submitted June 25, 2016 at 01:46AM by dextronaut http://ift.tt/28YJ5ua opiates

No comments:

Post a Comment