Monday, June 27, 2016

Whirlpool Side by side Refrigerator is not cooling, but freezer side works. (Model: ED25PQ) appliancerepair

Initially, when this problem started, the fridge and freezer both stopped working. I would fiddle with the control thermostat knob like turning it as far counter clockwise as possible, then the opposite direction to the coldest fridge temperature setting. This originally fixed the issue until it went into defrost mode and both sides would not be cold. However, once I unplugged the fridge a few times, turning the control knob to fix stopped working.

Now, only the freezer is staying cold and the fridge side is not. The fridge side is somewhat cool, but not enough to prevent food items from spoiling. I also noticed the water spigot did not work for a while during my initial troubleshooting, but has recently started working again. Maybe the line got kinked or something? I cleaned out my fridge and freezer with only a few items left over in each side and I just tested the ice maker but it's not producing ice now, though the motor that feeds the ice seems to function just fine.

Any ideas what might cause the fridge side to not stay cold? One thing I noticed when I unscrewed the control assembly in the fridge was some carbon build-up under the thermostat, though most videos I've seen regarding a failed thermostat tell me either both sides are cooling too much or both sides are not cooling at all.



Submitted June 27, 2016 at 06:48PM by fpsmoto http://ift.tt/28ZbyCg appliancerepair

No comments:

Post a Comment