Sunday, June 26, 2016

Tifu By Hitting Myself in the Face tifu

So this fuck up didn't happen today, it happened a couple years ago when I was working at this small gas station. Well really I worked at a small food court inside the gas station. I was responsible for keeping the walk in refrigerator stocked up by taking the boxes of food from the walk in freezer to the walk in refrigerator so it could thaw. I did this about every other day.

Unfortunately for me, on this particular day it was delivery day. That means that the freezer was stocked...completely full. If you've never opened a walk in freezer to be greeted by a wall of cardboard boxes consider yourself lucky. (Our walk in was about the size of a decent sized walk in closet to give you some context) Anyway, I needed to grab some specific boxes to restock the meats and things we would be using later, and of course none of those boxes were near the door.

Now it's important for me to note that I didn't get any extra time to do this restocking, I had to do it quickly when my line of customers receded and hope that none would show up while I was in the freezer. So, to save time I moved the top half of all the of stacks of boxes out and instead of taking my time to move the rest of the boxes in my way I decided to climb over them. Now here comes the fuck up. One of the boxes that I needed was almost all the way down the stack in the second row of boxes in the walk in. So by the time I moved all the boxes on top of it I was standing above it on a pile of boxes. The tape on that box looked loose so I decided to grab it by the tape and haul it out of there. It would have worked too if the damn tape didn't break. The momentum from trying to grab the box continued as the tape broke, my hand didn't stop, and in one motion I hit myself square on the nose. Ironically I get nosebleeds very easily and just before I felt that first drop leave my nose I thought 'Man I hope my nose doesn't start bleeding.'

As quick as I could, I pinched my nose tightly and left the walk in, dripping blood all the while. I got to the register and grabbed myself some napkins to stop the bleeding. After my coworkers realized I was ok, they went from concerned to laughing. And to top it all off, since I couldn't leave a trail of blood across the store, I had to grab a bottle of sanitizer and a rag and clean up my mess...while my nose was still bleeding. And of course, at the end of it I had to go back into the walk in to get all the boxes I needed. Fun times.

TL;DR: I gave myself a nosebleed at work and had to go back to clean it up while it was still bleeding.



Submitted June 27, 2016 at 07:59AM by IndigenousSerpentes http://ift.tt/2934JyY tifu

No comments:

Post a Comment