Friday, June 24, 2016

I thought it was just another nosleep story! nosleep

So three days ago, this guy from Australia posted a story on nosleep. The story is called "Help, something is wrong with my family" and the OP is called melburnbabyburn. When I came across his story, I thought this was just another nosleep story that goes well into the creepy zone but is, after-all, a work of fiction. The next day, he posted his first update. So, I'm not going to spoil the story for you guys, all I'll say is that his family and him went to Malaysia for vacation and when they came back, he felt like his family wasn't his family.

On his first update, I commented about the "knocks" that he was hearing from his family and that's when things started getting weird for me. That night, I went downstairs to have water because it's Ramadan and I can't eat or drink after 4:40 am. I opened the fridge and took two bottles of water out and as soon as I closed the fridge's door and went towards my living room, I saw light behind me. The fridge's door was open. I could swear that I had made sure that the door was closed because if it wasn't, my fridge would've made those beeps. Anyway, I gave the fridge the benefit of doubt and went to close the door. When I left, the door was open, again. I was like "for fuck's sake, man!" and went and closed the door and pushed the entire refrigerator this time. I finally went to the living room without having to go back to close the fridge's door. I was sitting there, reading my mails on my phone and drinking water when suddenly the water tap in the sink, in the kitchen, went on. At first I thought it was just my water purifier removing the extra water but when I looked up, I saw it was the tap. So, again, I went to close the tap and as soon as I touched it, the water turned into blood! I swear I felt the thick, warm blood when I put my fingers in it and I was taken aback by it. Fast forward twenty seconds and the blood had changed back to water, and not just that, the tap had closed itself. I was totally freaked out at this moment. I wasn't feeling anyone's presence but that tap had just freaked me out way too much! Now I couldn't just run back to my room and go to sleep because then I'd have to live off of the food that I ate on the previous evening and that could harm me, so I went back to the living room, finished my two bottles of water, had a usual meal, drank some more water, walked a bit to digest the food and then started off to my room. That's when I felt someone. Just as I climbed two steps, I felt someone had walked behind me, and I wasn't surprised when I heard a dish fall. It was to be expected, right? This time, I thought it was better not to risk my life and so I just sprinted upstairs instead of going to check on the dish. Needless to say, I couldn't sleep that night.

Next morning, I woke up when my maid rang the door bell. I went downstairs to open the door and when I looked towards the kitchen, every single thing was thrown around. It was as if the there had been an earthquake, but only in the kitchen. I let out a scream because this was a bit intense. I opened the door, let my maid in and told her what was going on. I asked her to not go to servant quarter but sleep in the house. I offered her the guest room on the second floor. She agreed to stay in and also said that she'll have some priest look into this (I belong to a Hindu family but as a token of respect to my many Muslim friends and ex-girlfriend, I hold the fasts in the month of Ramadan). I called two of my friends, as well. One of them wasn't ready to believe a thing I said but just because we're way too close, he agreed to come over and stay with me for a few days.

Fast forward to today morning. I went to take a shower and because I was running late, I told my maid to not come to the first floor to clean. Five minutes into the shower and my bathroom door opened itself. I turned to see what happened and the door was open enough for someone to take a glance in. Both my friends had already left for their respective internships and it was just me and my maid in the house. To be honest, I felt mad because I thought it was my maid who did this and so I peeked out to ask her not to fuck around. But she wasn't there to be seen so I yelled for her and to my surprise, her voice came from downstairs! I locked the door immediately and quickly went into the shower, decided to just shampoo my hair and run out and have a word about all the happenings with some legitimate exorcist or something. Just when I put the shampoo in my hair, the bathroom door opened, again. It wasn't forced or broken. It was simply opened as if I hadn't locked it at all. When I turned to look this time, the door was open enough for an obese man to walk in, easily. I cleaned the shampoo, took my towel, didn't even bother draping myself, just ran to my room, locked the door, put on my pajama and s t-shirt and ran downstairs to tell the maid that I was going to get help and that she should leave the house, too. I was too late. When I went down, she was standing near the stove, looking at it blankly. I called her name but she didn't react. She has worked for my family for the past forty years, and in my twenty two years long life, she's never ignored me. I went closer and that's when she turned. She stank as if she had dived in some rotten-dead-bodies-storing-place. She looked at me as if she had no idea about who I was. She started murmuring in some weird language and turned around and started cleaning. This was too much for me. I went to my car and left for the nearby temple. I met the priest and told him about all that was going on. He said he can't do anything about this as he was just a small person who sang the prayers in the temple and offered worships to the God. I asked him to talk with someone who could help me; he said,"I don't think they will help you. It is known to everyone around here that you aren't a religious person and that you observe fasts for Ramadan. It'll be very difficult to convince the priest to come and help you." upon hearing this, I was like "wtf is wrong with you, man?! You're supposed to help me deal with this thing not say that I'm not religious so you won't help me." but instead I told him that even though I didn't offer prayers in the temple everyday, my family was still the highest funder for the temples in the neighborhood. Besides, I do fast to respect my friends and I observe the fasts for the Hindu month of Shravan, as well. So you better be able to convince the priest before someone dies." When I reminded him about my family's funding, he said he'll do whatever it takes and bring someone by Monday.

I'm at the office right now and for some reason I smell of the same awful smell that I had sensed in my maid. Everyone has started to look at me with question marks on their faces. Sometimes I see people cross my cabin, looking inside hoping to see something that they have never seen. I've called my parents and told them about everything and they said that they will soon be here. I haven't been able to contact both my friends since morning and I'm starting to get worried now. I don't know what is going on with me.

As reddit doesn't let people post more than once in 24 hours, I'll post an update for the interested people tomorrow.



Submitted June 24, 2016 at 01:07PM by IamcalledDhaval http://ift.tt/292ECUY nosleep

No comments:

Post a Comment