Thursday, June 30, 2016

Leaking refrigerator water line Plumbing

I'm new to this sub so sorry in advance for any formatting/posting errors.

My family has had an old refrigerator in our house for the past couple years. The water supply is not currently hooked up to the refrigerator, but the problem is that we are unable to turn off the water supply.

When we first disconnected the refrigerator, we attempted to turn to turn off the water supply but the knob on the piping broke off. As a result, we now just let the water run from the metal tubing into a bucket, which must be emptied multiple times every day.

Using the pictures I've attached, I was wondering if there was a way to turn off this water supply without replacing the whole piping underneath the cabinet as shown in the picture. The pictures show the piping fixture underneath the cabinet. The front portion is where the knob snapped off. The tubing going up and to the right is the water supply. I'm hesitant to turn the bolt on the front because I wasn't sure what it would do the to water flow.

Please let me know if there is anything I can do. Thanks in advance for any and all help.

http://ift.tt/29cPHFD



Submitted June 30, 2016 at 02:41PM by miler22 http://ift.tt/294leWp Plumbing

No comments:

Post a Comment