Sunday, June 26, 2016

I'm a modern Shaman and am wondering if you would all be interested in my stories nosleep

I guess I should start this off with a warning: don’t ever get involved in the occult. Like, if I were a high school counselor giving a power-point presentation to the school, this would be the first actual slide. I’ve been involved with black magic for about 4 years now. I started when I was 16 and am still going strong after recently turning 20. Getting down to actual substance, I’m a Shaman. Not a Navajo Shaman, but still one nonetheless. What do I mean by that? Shamans can’t be Shamans if they practice dark arts. In Native American folklore, Shamans that use black magic are either exiled from the village or turned into the S-word that I won’t mention for safety reasons. My base of operations (I call it BOO for short) isn’t in a duplex connected to a tattoo parlor; it’s in an underpass. Yep, right under a bridge. I won’t tell you exactly WHERE I am, but you know it’s the place when it starts off as concrete, then goes to the underpass, then nothing but an abysmal concrete sewer with trees accenting the sides.

I do all sorts of stuff. Curses, removing curses, blessings, etc.; the list could go on. The only thing that I can’t do, both because I’m relatively morally straight and I think it would be disrespectful to my abilities, is accept payments but I do accept donations. Accepting a payment would be something along the lines of, “I’ll get rid of your problems for 2k”. A donation would be someone approaching me with $200 and saying, “here’s $200 and I need you to help me with something”. See the difference? You can offer me something, but I can’t suggest it. I accepted a donation like that when I was first starting out and nothing bad ever came of it, so this is my way of making a living.

I don’t know how to structure these since I’m remembering things out of order, but I’ll still try my best to keep things chronological. Also, I'm sorry if any of this comes off as "funny" in a serious environment. You need to understand that chaos doesn't follow a rule evil; it can be all over the place.

  • A woman approached me at my BOO and said that her dead husband kept standing in their backyard. I had her drive me back to her house to check things out and sure enough, there was someone in her backyard. I pulled out my flashlight and shined it in the backyard while walking through the gate. As soon as the light fixated on the guy, it was clear that he wasn’t human anymore. His arms were broken and bent at unnatural angles, his clothes were ragged and muddy, and he was chewing on a dead bird. He spit the bird out and shot me a smile with his shark-like teeth. The woman let out one of those “OH, LORD NO” moans and stumbled back to her car. Blood dripped out of the man’s mouth as he shuffled towards me with his hand out. I pulled out my pistol and shot 6 times; 4 in the chest and 2 in the head. I know what you’re thinking right now, “wait, why does a Shaman need a gun…and why did it work”. Well, you see, the possessed are like zombies; if their body’s get destroyed, specifically their head, they can’t really function. Movies aren’t technically lying when they say you need blessed or silver bullets to hurt the damned, but normal ones can hurt low level possessions just fine.

    “YOU FUCKING, BASTARD”, the man snarled out as his body smoked.

    The woman ran over and clung behind me.

    “This isn’t my husband”, she said while shaking her head. “That may look like my husband, but he definitely didn’t talk like that”.

    “Yeah, you’re right”, I told her back while still fixated on the man. “Tell me, how long has this been going on and has this thing been talking to you?”

    “He appeared about a week ago, doing the same thing I told you about, and kept talking to me in the same voice he’s using now”, the woman said somberly. “He would say, “it’s me, Dwight, the morgue made a mistake. I’m actually fine!” but Dwight’s been dead for 3 years”.

    “The damned tend to impersonate loved ones in order to trick people into letting them in to their homes or lives”, I said before turning to the woman with open eyes. “Be lucky you didn’t let him inside or else this backyard riddled with bird corpses would be riddled with yours instead.”

    I heard sirens in the distance; someone might have called the police when I fired my gun. The man was still kicking, so I stomped on his head until he was thoroughly dead. After that, the body settled and disappeared.

    “You have a good life ma’am”, I said while starting to run off. “Oh, and make sure to tell the police that some jackass was firing his gun off for no reason at the dead of night”.

  • An elderly woman approached me one evening saying that she wanted to talk to her son. I got a ride back to her house and stopped at the front door. It wasn’t sadness I was feeling, but disappointment. As if it didn’t matter what I expected to be inside, it was still going to be something unpleasant. The woman guided me to a bathroom where her husband was in. He was standing at an angle that made it difficult to see that bathtub. As soon as he let me inside, I stopped dead in my tracks. Lying in a bathtub full of rotting blood was an adult male. His eyes were popping out of his skull from the bloating, his tongue was swollen out, and the gashes on his wrist were beyond infected. That’s when the smell finally hit me. I don’t know what kind of air fresheners this family used, but I’m sure as hell picking some up when I leave.

    “He’s just been so quiet lately”, the old woman said before rambling on about something else.

    I tried to feel around to see if anything was here but got nothing. If this guy’s spirit was here, it’s long gone now. I don’t know how long this guy has been dead in here, but the parents or grandparents should be ashamed that they didn’t get help sooner. I told the couple I would be back to bring my equipment. I left, called 911, and never went back.

  • Some guy approaches me during the day and tells me his son’s goldfish is possessed.

    Fucking what.

    Every fiber of my being told me to tell this guy to get fucked and go about my day, but I was really interested in where this was going. I got a ride back to his house where he led me inside to his son’s bedroom. There was an empty fishbowl across the room. I quickly looked around the floor to see if he had jumped out then looked around the rest of the room.

    Then I see it.

    Spinning on the wall like a pinwheel is the fucking fish. I just stood there like a moron. I’ve had to cleanse churches that’s shadows literally peeled off the ground to pick up shit to throw at me, but this possessed fish is the WTF of my career.

    I flushed the fish down the toilet after grabbing it off the wall. The family hasn’t reported anything since.

  • I go to a house to check out a family’s possessed teenage daughter that keeps saying the number “73” over and over again. The dad leads me to her room where she’s strapped down to a chair, smart thinking dad (this actually isn’t sarcasm). I get closer to the girl who still keeps saying 73 without stopping for a breath. Her same glazed focused eyes kept following mine. I finally lean in and say “74”, then the girl stops. Her eyes roll, her mouth opens wide as if it was unhinged, and black smoke starts coming out of her throat. The smoke detaches from the girl and shoots out of a window only to dissipate in the sunlight, breaking the window in process. Don’t know what exactly happened but the family doesn’t have any more problems.

  • Occasionally, even the local priests will have me step in to take part in an exorcism. Even if that doesn’t make sense, the results are still better than if it were done with normal people. Exorcisms are always done at nighttime when I step in since the church doesn’t want a guy with face-paint coming to beat the shit out of a crazy person in their basement.

    So I go into the basement of this church and see a woman in her mid 20s handcuffed, foaming at the mouth, and her eyes rolling like clothes in a dryer. The only other people in the room with me was the Priest, an alter boy, and yours truly. We start this thing and I get a little light headed at first (you’ll find out why later). Soon, things start heating up and getting to the main course. The priest starts bellowing at the possessed for the demon to speak its name. Now, for this part of an exorcism, it’s like learning your months; it could happen without flaw on the first go or the 27th go. Some times the demon speaks its real name on the first try and sometimes it doesn’t.

    Here comes the part I’m not proud of.

    The possessed responds:

    “Who am I? I’M THE GHOST OF A BALANCED DIET!”

    I broke the circle we had created and stopped the prayer because I was laughing too much. Within seconds, the possessed broke free to rip the alter boy’s throat out then break her own neck. The Priest immediately went to grieve over both bodies then straddled me for this “being all of my fault”. Police come by and I don’t know what happened after that. I left in the midst of the chaos and never came back.

    Some cases involve “curses” which I will explain. You see, a curse, as portrayed by media, is a rambling that a an old man or woman says to you while waving their arms around, then you have spooky shit happen. No, that’s not it. What a curse actually is, is an artificial entity created for the sole purpose of one thing. For instance, let’s say you want to place a curse on someone to give him or her bad luck. You chant and the curse is done when actually, you said the spiritual equivalent to a computer code then issued the final script to make it work. Only the gifted can see curses. This brings us to a peculiar case series after this next one.

  • I go to this dude’s house because he says he saw a glass on the table physically move. Ok, no biggie, just a classic poltergeist. Upon going inside, I see this thing crouched on the counter in his kitchen. The thing was wearing a suit and top hat, had limbs long enough to where his feet were touching the other side of the room, and had a face that looked like one of those witch doctor masks. This thing stared at me and I stared back at it. The case (I call people that I’m working with this) pours a glass of water and puts it on the table in the kitchen then turns around. The thing reaches out his arm and starts to slowly nudge the glass towards the edge of the table.

    “See?!”, the man cried out. “I don’t even have to look! I just know what it’s doing”.

    The thing didn’t fully tip the glass over, instead, it scratched on a mop near the refrigerator, like a person picking a scab, until it was lose enough to where it could fall over at the slightest breeze. The case was still ranting when he came to pick up the glass when the mop fell down in front of him, causing him to lose his footing and knock the glass over.

    “Ah, you my friend, have a bad luck curse”, I told the guy with a whimsical finger wag.

    “A c-curse”, he squeaked it out. “Oh, god. Why would this happen?”

    “Another person puts it on you, do you have any enemies”, I asked the man while grabbing a chair.

    “Well…there is a person at my work who has a shady reputation for being a Satanist. He could have done it”, the man said while taking his glasses of to rub his eyes.

    “Fortunately for you, this is a very low level curse and can be dealt with quickly”, I told the man while standing up and grabbing my staff.

Before I continue, let’s talk about dealing with curses. Often enough, people have no idea what the fuck they are doing when they cast them. In terms of Internet references compared to spell books, some people basically google “easy to cast curses” and cast the first the incantation they can pronounce the words to. Unless they actually know what they are doing, the curse is usually very low-level. One last thing, my staff is a staff that Shamans use for walking, conjuring, and poking stuff. I made it special by etching some incantations from the Necronomicon.

 I walked over to the curse and started beating it with my staff. “OUT, OUT, GET THE FUCK OUT”, I yelled repeatedly while striking the curse in the head. The curse held its hands over its head and scurried away to different corners of the room, causing several items to shift and fall over. To the case, I was swinging at the air and furniture was moving, but in my eyes, I was basically bonking a cat on the noggin until I skedaddled. The curse crawled out the open door and evaporated in the sunlight; the case doesn’t have any more problems. 
  • A woman contacts me and tells me her daughter keeps speaking in a perfect British accent when she’s never even heard one. Intrigued, I go to her house to investigate. Upon entering, I see the curse and the afflicted. What instantly catches my eye is the girl crouched over her shoulders. She wore an all white dress and had all white eyes the size of saucers. The thing had day-of-the-dead skull-teeth painted over her lips and also had her middle and index fingers on her left hand over the girl’s lips; as if to get ready to open her lips.

    “Um…hi”, I tell the girl.

    “Ellow, love”, she says back in a cheerful demeanor.

    Yep, saw it exactly. The curse was moving the girl’s lips and mimicking her mouth movements.

    “Jesus Christ”, I said under my breath. “Ok, your daughter is being afflicted by a low level curse but don’t worry, I can handle this”.

    I asked the girl to close her eyes. Once she did, I lined up my shot to the curse’s head then swung at it with my staff as hard as I could. The curse was sent flying off of the girl then dissolved in the sunlight coming from an adjacent window. The family hasn’t had any problems since.

  • A man approaches me with the same bizz. He tells me that his son can only count up to 4. I asked him if he was sure that his son wasn’t just stupid…he shot me a dirty look. I rolled my eyes and walked over to his house. Again, the same bizz. I walk into the house, see the kid on a chair in the living room watching cartoons, and see the same fucking thing. The same curse except it’s hair is bright blonde. I didn’t even ask for a demonstration, I just kept beating the thing until it disappeared from pure violence. Told the family the kid was going to be fine, then left.

  • A mother had contacted me claiming that her daughter kept saying “interrupting cow” jokes at the end of her own questions. I know this is /r/nosleep and everything on here is scary, but there is a reason that this one is one of my most unusual cases. I get to the family’s house and go to talk to the little girl. Yet again, I see the same thing. Except this time, the curse was wearing a bright pink sunhat.

    “Hi, I’m SheZowRaisedByWolves. I’m here to make you feel better”, I told her to comfort her.

    “Do you need my name- INTERUPTING COW”, the little girl said before covering her mouth with her hands.

    I chuckled a little bit and watched the little girl get frustrated with trying to continue on. Pretty soon we all started chuckling. Mom, dad, me, the curse, everyone was having fun! I sprinkled some holy water on the little girl and watched the curse slowly loosen its grip. After that, the family invited me to stay for dinner and play some family games afterwards. Again, we all laughed and had a great time. When the time for fun had come to an end, the mom and dad saw me off outside. Before I left, I grabbed the mom’s shirt collar, pulling her face in closer to mine. Sweat poured down my forehead and my hands started to tingle from anxiety.

    “Listen lady, I don’t know what the fuck your kid did to get a curse of that caliber, but let me tell you it’s not a fucking easy one to cast”, I said with quivering eyes. “You better pray that a black mass isn’t eyeing you because god help you if more of what that thing was comes back. Now I’m going to go get a second opinion, try not to fucking die”.

    I let go of the mom and power-walked away as fast as I could. That curse wasn’t a normal one. As silly as it looked, it was incredibly dangerous. You see, the curse didn’t go away after the blessing; it transformed. I kept my cool the best that I could throughout that meal but I couldn’t stop myself from glancing over into the living room. From the normal eye, the living room was just a dark living room but from mine, there was the curse levitating off the ground. Lights that could only be in a theater clicked on and shone one by one until they focused onto a single area, the area occupied by the curse. The curse hovered with her head tilted slightly, her white eyes turned to what I could only describe as a galactic purple. A jagged smile reached ear-to-ear, no, more like shoulder-to-shoulder. She brought her hands out from behind her and held marionettes of the family. They all danced for a little bit before getting tangled. The lights suddenly went off in the living room theater. When they came back on, the curse was gone. All it took was a single blink before I choked on my food. The curse was face-to-face in front of me, fucking millimeters away. As I looked into her eyes, I could feel my reality shifting. I felt like I was floating in space, unable to breath. Soon, my eyelids grew heavy. Slowly, they started to stay closed longer and longer until they popped wide open. I caught my breath and scanned the room looking for a hint of what the fuck just happened. The father leaned in from behind me and started speaking, but I couldn’t understand what he was saying. As things became clearer, it was apparent that I had started choking and that the dad had given me some assistance. After the family assured I was ok, we went back to eating.

    I needed to stay with the family a little more to make sure I knew what the hell we were dealing with. The family suggested playing some board games in the living room, so I instantly agreed. It was about 15 minutes into monopoly and chill when the curse showed up giving me the same eyes as last time.

    “Good luck making me choke, bitch”, I thought to myself.

    The curse moved from me to the little girl. She held up the little girl’s arms, tying string around different parts. Both the little girl and the family were oblivious to this, only I could see. After the girl, were the dad, and then the mom. When everyone but me had string tied to them, the curse vanished. The game was over and so was my stay.

    As I walked away from the house, I kept thinking to myself, “was that a curse or a demon”. I turned around to study the house. The parents were back inside but there was movement from the second story window. Standing in front of it, was the curse, still with her sick smile. She brought up bigger marionette controllers and flaunted them around. As she did, the family inside floated, danced, and laughed around the living room; still oblivious to what was happening.

    I don’t know what, but something inside of me snapped. I started a full sprint towards the house. The last thing I remember was the curse appearing in front of me and backhanding me into a car. This was during the dark, so sunlight was no longer a variable. My vision faded and I woke up several hours later. Police were swarmed all across the block. I instinctively went for the family’s house. Once I got passed the police and inside, I saw the crime scene. In order of dad, mom, and daughter, all three were hanging from the ceiling with their arms still suspended from the strings that seemed to phase into it. My heart didn’t sink, I didn’t feel sick or remorseful; I just felt annoyance. This wasn’t the first time I let lives slip through my hands, I knew it was apart of what I signed up for. Officers tried to grab me and pull me out of the house, but were stopped by an EMT claiming that I could be someone in the family. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw the curse hovering in the hallway. It’s head started to slowly turn until it was completely upside down. Then, almost like an animatronic at an amusement park, the curse’s head started rattling while its mouth clacked. A high-pitched laugh continued on loop as a purple-ish black blood oozed out of its eyes. Again, no one else but me could hear it. Just the echo of that demonic laugh resonated in my ears. My head jolted to the direction of the curse.

    “Quiet”, I said in a stern tone and sour face.

    The curse stopped then almost like a person, started sweating. Its purple eyes shook just like its jaw.

    “Now, tell me your name…demon”, I said going back to my normal carless demeanor.

    The curse’s face contorted to a look of pure malicious ecstasy, all while still upside down.

    “My…n…ame”, it croaked out in a distorted high-pitched voice.

    All the police could see was a man yelling at a hallway.

    My…n…ame”, it repeated once more.

    “…”

    There was ominous silence. The blaring police sirens couldn’t even be heard. All officers and EMT on the scene seemed to be able to hear the rattle of the girl but still not see her.

    “Francis…the Puppeteer”, the demon said.

    All of a sudden an inhuman scream shot out of the demon’s mouth while her mechanical laughter overlaid on top. The police and EMT covered their ears and fell to the floor; I just picked up my staff and started laying the beat down on this thing. The demon stopped screaming and started mimicking human speech.

    “Why is it so cold? How could you just let us die”, the demon said in the little girl’s voice.

    The demon’s head extended out and sunk its jagged teeth into my left forearm; this only gave me an advantage. The demon’s face turned thunderstruck when she realized her teeth had penetrated my skin but had not drawn blood.

    “Check mate, BITCH”, I yelled out while repeatedly punching the demon in the face with my right fist.

    It tried to claw at my face and pull out my tongue, but I bit down on its finger hard enough to rip them off. They came off with a crunch. Wood, metal, and flesh passed my eyes in slow motion. The demon tried to bite down harder on my arm, still to no progress, I continued punching it harder and harder. I grabbed onto the demon’s mouth and pried her off of my arm. Then, I grabbed my staff and impaled her through her body. Her limbs twitched along with her mouth rattling as I picked her up and stabbed the staff deep into the wall. I pulled out the coffin nails from my pockets and drove each one deep into her hands and feet. By this time, the demon’s power had wavered enough for her presence to be seen by everyone else. Cops and EMT looked horrified in disbelief as a bleeding mechanical girl was flailing on a staff impaled in the wall. I pulled out the rest of the holy water and started splashing it on the demon, pacing back and forth while having my eyes locked onto her.

    “Of the earth, the sky, and after life/I prep thine for the sacrifice…”, I started chanting.

    “No…you son of a bitch…where did you learn…”, the demon groaned, its voice changing from high-pitched to a deep distorted growl.

    “Blood becomes mine and soul becomes devoured/an entity, most unholy, becomes part of me, and so does its power”, I finished.

    My body opened up. A giant arachnid covered in mouths and made of pure darkness formed. Two of the legs grabbed Francis at the shoulders and pulled her into one of its mouths. Her screams fluctuated from the daughter to the parent of the recently deceased. Francis stuck her hands out to anyone that could reach one last time before the teeth clamped down and severed her arm. Time almost froze as her limb fell to the floor. The arachnid loomed in to catch the arm. The screaming stopped and only the sound of mechanical crunching filled the room. After it was done chewing, the arachnid stood still before enveloping back into my old self. There I stood covered in blackened blood as the cops and EMT screamed in horror. I lifted a finger over my mouth and shushed them. Then, I made a blowing-out-a-candle noise and all of the lights went out. Collective screams filled the house as grown men and women ran crying to their squad cars and barreling down the road. Last I heard of them, most have legit PTSD, have quit the force, or wear diapers on patrol now.

    I’ve got one more left before I call it a night.

  • I was working out at the gym I’m a member of one day and I see this guy using one of the benches in front of me. I glanced back a second time and sure enough, there was someone else next to him, a woman. Unlike Francis, this woman stood as tall as the guy (who was maybe about 6’2’’), wore a hospital gown, and had a fucked-up neck. When I say a “fucked-up neck” I mean a super messed-up neck. Her head was at the same height as the base of her neck but her neck was so long, it limped over to the side like a piece of macaroni. She didn’t have eyes. I wouldn’t even call them eye sockets. They just looked like black circles on a person’s face. Her mouth on the other hand…shudders, still gives me with willies. It took up most of the lower part of her face and instead of teeth it was just an endless smile of nothing but black. The guy stood up to leave, also showing that he was still a high schooler. I followed him out to the parking lot where I stopped him before he went into his car.

    “Hey”, I called out to him. “Whether or not you believe me, something is following you”.

    The kid’s expression gradually changed from worry to pure hopelessness.

    “Oh, god…I didn’t want to think it was true…”, the kid said falling to his ass while leaning up against his car.

    “Stop for a second and tell me what’s been going on”, I calmly asked him.

    The kid explained to me how he had been having terrible nightmares in which this thing would stand in his bedroom, just staring at him. He claimed that for the duration of when he fell asleep to when he woke up, he would be fully conscious of everything happening. I asked him if there was anything he might have done or knows about that could have brought this entity on him. He said he didn’t have a clue. I gave the kid my number and told me not to hesitate to call me if anything went south. The kid shook my hand and thanked me while getting in his car and driving away.

    It has been a few days of going to the gym at the same time the kid was usually there and didn’t see any trace of him. Anytime I tried to call him, his phone would just go to voice mail. An employee at the gym walked over towards me as I was fiddling with my phone.

    “Yes, I am using this machine. I’m just checking up on someone”, I said to the person without looking up.

    “Do you have a minute”, the employee asked me.

    I had a bad gut feeling the instant she told me that.

    We walked over to the manager’s office where two police officers were waiting. I sat down in a chair and waited for someone to speak.

    “Your friend was found murdered in his house last Tuesday”, one of the cops spoke up and told me.

    Tuesday, that was the day after we had talked. I started to suspect that they think I was involved in this. Before I had a chance to form an alibi, the cop spoke again.

    “We got a call at 3 in the morning from his next door neighbors, something about screaming. We get over there and bust inside, start lookin’ for movement. Over in the kitchen, there’s blood pooling out from a cabinet. Open that bitch up and see a kid shoved inside.”

    I could feel my pulse in my head. It felt like someone had flash-banged me.

    “If this is too difficult, just let me know”, the cop said.

    “No, no, I can handle it”, I told him back.

    “The initial responders said he was shoved in there. His bones were broken so that he could fit inside, his jaw was torn clean off its hinges but still barely hanging on, and the weird part, his neck was broken last. A home invasion was suspected at first but there was no sign of a break-in. Suicide popped up but the likely hood of someone tolerating enough pain to break their limbs to fit into a high-up cabinet then break their neck last is impossible. In my honest opinion, the worst part is his parents are out of town and they have a funeral service to look forward to when they get back”.

    I thanked the officers for their time and left the office to go home. Just as I was about to start my car and drive home, my phone rang; the call was from the kid. I answered to static at first then sounds of the kid screaming. He was saying the standard “please don’t do this” but then switched that out for blood curdling screams. The disgusting sounds of limbs breaking were the only accompaniment to his screams of pain. A second voice could be heard in the background heavily breathing and chuckling. As the kid reached his final breath, his neck snapped. The line went dead and even though it did, frenzied laughter was coming from the phone. I threw my phone on the seat and sped home. Ever since I tried calling that number again, the call wouldn’t even go through.

I really don’t want to turn this into a series but I honestly have to because there is only so much I can put out at a time. I'll talk about the spider thing next time but right now, I need to get ready for tomorrow's rounds.



Submitted June 26, 2016 at 12:37PM by SheZowRaisedByWolves http://ift.tt/28Zqb7Q nosleep

No comments:

Post a Comment