Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Determining raw meat weights? Fitness

I know that package labels usually list meat serving sizes in raw weight, which is what I've been doing, but I've come to question the accuracy of my measurements this week.

For example, I bought some chicken cutlets from the store that said it was 1.05lbs but when I weight the meat by itself it came out to 13.1oz (0.81875lbs).

I'm confused as to if this is an "error" on the stores part, or is this due to having the meat sit in the refrigerator or freezer beforehand? I've only had one case in recent memory that matched weights (ground beef).

Which weight should I use? It'd probably be safest to use the labeled weight, but the stated weight does not always look to be correct.



Submitted June 29, 2016 at 06:30PM by frenchiefellow http://ift.tt/297zlO9 Fitness

No comments:

Post a Comment