Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Healthy(-ier) food options to keep at my desk? nutrition

Hi everyone!

I struggle with binge eating, and the best way to combat that is to be prepared with exactly what I'm going to be eating every day. My office has a different food truck in the parking lot every day, and it's not only hurting my budget, but my waistline.

So I started keeping non-perishable meals at my desk, so that I'm never in a position where I have to buy breakfast or lunch while I'm at work, but I can't find anything that is both lower in calories AND not full of gabrage.

This week, I packaged quick-cooking oatmeal with a little brown sugar and raisins in ziploc bags, so breakfast is taken care of, and I'm loving that part! I did, however, buy a lot of instant noodles because I was having a hard time coming up with something to do for lunch. I really don't want to be eating somethign so full of empty carbs and sodium, but here I am typing this while I tend to a styrofoam cup of noodles and salt.

I used to prep actual meals (lean meats with green veggies mostly), but with my work and school schedule, I don't want to spend what little time I have off cooking and cleaning. So I'm genuinely just looking for suggestions of quick and easy meals that I can keep in my desk drawer. We DO have a refrigerator, but I don't trust my coworkers enough to leave a week's worth of food in it.

Thanks for any input or suggestions you might have!



Submitted June 22, 2016 at 11:01PM by laminatedpicture http://ift.tt/28MNEWp nutrition

No comments:

Post a Comment