Saturday, June 25, 2016

Just for the summer nosleep

Hi guys! I've been on reddit a long time, just simply a reader but some weird stuff has been happening to me for the last couple of weeks.

I'm staying with my grandparents for the summer to shadow my grandfather, who is a doctor and just gain some experience because that is what I would like to do eventually. My grandparents live in a nice house, kind of big and the inside is decorated in many antiques, giving it an automatic spooky vibe. This house does not have a scary backstory at all, they had it built in the 80s, which quickly became a large neighborhood.

Onto the actual weird stuff, when I was about 6 or 7 (I'm 20 now) I was sleeping on the floor next to my parent's bed while we came up to visit, when I rolled over in the middle of the night I saw a man standing next to me by the window, he was dressed in a suit, just standing there staring at me. His eyes were bulging out, the whites of his eyes were almost illuminating the room. I don't remember exactly what I thought about it, I just know that I was scared and so I turned over and hid under the blankets. It got weirder in the morning. I told my mom about it and she asked me if I had been talking to my aunt, I was really confused and I just said no and walked out. At the time, my mom's youngest sister was still living in the house so I walked into her room and told her. She looked at me and she said that I needed to talk to my aunt Chrissie about it. I pushed it back in my mind, I was 6 so I didn't know. I saw my aunt Chrissie a few days later and I told her and she then told me that she saw the exact same thing when she was younger, because that was her room growing up. Again, I can't remember my thought process at all, but I remember being terrified to go in that room alone, or upstairs alone honestly. I didn't sleep in that room for years. One other strange thing has happened to me in this house, when I was about 15 I heard my mom calling my name from upstairs so I was about to walk up the stairs when my mom opened the side door to the porch and asked if I was ready to go. Needless to say, I was beyond ready to go.

Little side story: my grandmother had an aunt who died well before I was born that she called "The Countess" because she was a very tall and elegant woman. After she died, (she did not die in this house, she died in another state) my grandmother put a picture of her in a frame in the middle of the piano. A few hours later she walked by and the frame was on the floor and broken. She had no idea how it had fallen from the middle of the piano like that but she just blamed the kids-she had four girls. She then went through this with three other frames and each of them ended up broken on the floor. So she decided to get a very beautiful frame that was a bit overpriced and she used that, the picture never fell off the piano again.

Now onto what's been going on, these things that are happening started off as so minuscule, it still honestly could be my mind playing tricks on me. About 2 weeks ago I went into the kitchen to make myself breakfast before going to work and I had gotten the juice out and put it back. When I turned around from the refrigerator there was a cup on the counter, but I had my cup in my hand. I thought it was weird but I figured maybe I had accidentally grabbed another cup out and forgotten about it. Things like that started to happen. The one that really got me was the other day when I went into the kitchen and there was a napkin out so i balled it up and threw it away and went through my normal breakfast routine and I looked in the corner of the counter and there was the napkin. I just kind of stood there and stared because I KNOW I balled the napkin up and threw it away and no one else had come into the kitchen. I even went and re looked into the trash can and sure enough, there was the balled up napkin I had already thrown away. So I just threw the second weird napkin away. There's a library room right across from the kitchen that's always dark and really never used and I've been seeing things out of the corner of my eyes recently. We were having dinner a few nights ago and it looked like something dark had swooshed past and I saw it in my peripheral vision so I turned to look and there was nothing there, of course. That has happened a few times. The reason I'm sharing this story is because it's getting a bit worse and I'm actually starting to get extremely scared. There has been more creaking and knocking sounds in the house at night, sounds I either had never noticed before or they're new sounds. I constantly feel like I'm being watched and I've been losing sleep because of it. Last night I woke up around 3am to this....wet noise, I can't explain it but it sounded sloshy if that makes any sense, obviously I suck at describing things. I realized that it sounded like someone was in the bathtub. The room I'm staying in has a bathroom thats connected to the shower room by a door and I always have that door shut. It was 3am and the only other person upstairs was my grandfather (my grandmother has Multiple Sclerosis and can't get up the stairs so she sleeps downstairs) so I listened for a few more minutes and I was still hearing someone splashing in the bathroom. I am never one of those people to get up and investigate so I quietly yet violently ran downstairs and slept on the couch near my grandmother.

Soooo that's what's been going on and I'm confused because nothing bad has happened to the house, no one has died in it and it's not that old of a house..so any insight anyone could give me would be great...



Submitted June 26, 2016 at 04:01AM by weldawern http://ift.tt/28VDMu2 nosleep

No comments:

Post a Comment