Thursday, June 23, 2016

I'm pretty excited, I just bought a Class A lemon! GoRVing

Traded my 2002 Chevy Suburban for a 1988 Sportscoach Pathfinder DL.

http://ift.tt/28R3vYh

I'm a career mechanic, with a background in electrical and HVAC, along with being an avid DIYer. Which is good, because this bad boy needs a TON of work.

So far, I've had to rebuild the entrance stairs(previous owner ran it into a ditch), rebuild and support the right side skirt, resupport the front right storage bin, seal both A/C units, replace the fresh water pump, repair the broken LP regulator, repair the broken refrigerator LP shutoff valve, replace the water heater control board, rebuild the carburetor, change the fluids, and replace the left front brake rotor, pads, caliper, and brake line. Not too bad, eh?

Oh, I forgot to mention, the RV sat on a lot for months, with food in the refrigerator. So I had to pull the fridge, and clean and sanitize the living hell out of it.

Next I have to rebuilt the roof around the front A/C, rebuild the wall around the right front window due to the front A/C, replace the inside front right storage cabinet, repair the kitchen cabinet, and a bunch more little things. Along with remodeling.

The good news is that everything still works. Both A/Cs, the fridge(on both AC and gas), the stove, the furnace, the water heater. Took some minor repairs, but they all work.

Maybe I should have bought a boat instead.



Submitted June 23, 2016 at 05:17PM by IWetMyselfForYou http://ift.tt/28PcsQl GoRVing

No comments:

Post a Comment