Thursday, June 30, 2016

freezer icemaker leaking? Plumbing

This past weekend we cleaned out the ice basket in the freezer of our Kitchenaid Refrigerator, as there was a solid layer of ice along the bottom that had frozen half the ice into a shallow block/sheet. Once it was cleaned up we set the icemaker to make fresh ice, but for the past 3 days it's been making miniature, anemic versions of it's usual ice (the the curved type). I also noticed the sound of running water briefly instead of the normal ice-making sound, and yesterday I noticed that the floor in the kitchen was wet, yet I didn't put it together until today (already 5 days since we cleaned the ice maker) that the water, which is actually under the lino kitchen tile, was not a spill, but more likely an issue with the ice-maker, which may already have soaked the floor under the fridge itself. so far I've turned off the icemaker. I'll have to get someone to help me pull the fridge out of it's enclosure after work I guess, and hopefully get someone to come out today. If anyone has any suggestions as to any measures or precautions I should take at this point, please let me know. I hope this is the correct place for this type of issue. thank you kindly!



Submitted June 30, 2016 at 08:49PM by olionajudah http://ift.tt/297nWg4 Plumbing

No comments:

Post a Comment