Thursday, June 16, 2016

TIFU while drinking water tifu

A few days ago I caught my 8 year old stepson in the dark messing around in the refrigerator. I asked him what he was doing and he stammered something like, "I saw was looking in here and I saw that..." He pointed to a jug of water. We drink spring water so it wasn't unusual for it to be there. However, there were two jugs of water, though we usually only refrigerate one at a time. His communication skills are sometimes lacking and I just said something like, "ok, if you're thirsty, go ahead and get some water. But idk why you're doing it in the dark."

Fast forward a couple of days. I go to get some water and one jug is empty. I opened the one behind it, which was full. When I did, I noticed that the seal was not on the cap. I thought it was odd that someone had opened it without taking any water, but I disregarded it. That was the FU.

The water tasted off. My wife was drinking it too and she thought that maybe she had spilled baking soda into it. Then it hit me: my stepson was screwing around in the fridge a day or two prior.

We called him at his bio dad's house and found out that he had filled it up with pool water and was attempting to freeze it. It makes me gag just thinking about it.

Tl;dr: Ignored the lack of seal on a water jug and drank pool water.



Submitted June 16, 2016 at 07:10PM by p_noid http://ift.tt/1ZTQV9c tifu

No comments:

Post a Comment