Monday, June 20, 2016

Phone won't turn on past the "galaxy s5" opening screen galaxys5

Background: I've had my S5 for about 3 months now. I got it to have on my 6 month trip through asia (halfway done, currently in china). Occasionally it would feel really warm and warn about over heating. When this happens the touchscreen acts funny and slow. I usually remove the battery or place it in a refrigerator for a few minutes and then it's fine. This would happen maybe once a week, my last galaxy phone also did this but I've had it for 2 years with no real issue.

Yesterday it started doing this again. So I took the battery out and let it sit. Now it won't turn back on. I hold the power button and it goes to the welcome screen, then it turns off and starts again. This will keep happening until I noticed it was getting warm again and I would take the battery out. There seems to be no other way of stopping this cycle. I am able to hold down the button to get to the reset options. Turn it on normaly, factory reset, and safe mode. I've tried normal and safe mode but they don't seem to do anything, just back into the loop. I'm afraid to press factory reset yet.

Anyone have any ideas? Had a similar problem? I'm in the middle of China and have a lot of important stuff on my phone



Submitted June 21, 2016 at 07:41AM by nowhereman136 http://ift.tt/28KNrGY galaxys5

No comments:

Post a Comment