Sunday, May 1, 2016

Let's talk about our places of residence. What's yours like? CasualConversation

Mine is a four room apartment, in a small apartment building. My apartment consists of a living room, a bedroom, a bathroom, and a dine-in kitchen. The only doors in the apartment are the entrance door, and the bathroom door. The building was built in 1927, so it's rather old.

The living room is where I spend the most time with friends - TV stand with game consoles, Buddhist altar under the window, coat rack in one corner, table and chairs, couple of bookshelves for keeping stuff. My favorite part about the living room is the lighting - I've got multicolored strands of Christmas lights over the doorframe, and a three-bulb floor lamp with blue, green, and red bulbs. Great smoking environment.

Bedroom is a damn mess, but it's where I spend the most time - between my futon and the computer desk. I have a 200 lb tube TV sitting on a dresser that I haven't opened in months, because it's the only piece of furniture in my house steady enough to hold the monstrosity.

Bathroom - not much to see here. Toilet could probably use a scrub, and there's mold in the corners of my bathtub that I have yet to address.

I rarely spend more than a moment or two in my kitchen - usually only to grab a drink, or make coffee, or wash a few dishes. I generally only eat one meal a day (big lunch) so I'm rarely cooking at home. I hate doing dishes anyways, so it works out.

Things I hate about my apartment - 1) it's old 2) my landlord hasn't fixed the oven in the 10 months I've lived here, so I can't bake anything 3) There are no cabinets in the kitchen, so instead I've got two giant wire racks on each side of the refrigerator.

Thankfully my neighbors are pretty chill people and the rent is less than $400 a month.

So what's your place of residence like? What do you like or dislike about it?



Submitted May 02, 2016 at 08:48AM by Bender_00100100 http://ift.tt/1TENa5i CasualConversation

No comments:

Post a Comment