Saturday, May 28, 2016

I have 3 unanswered questions from American Beauty. Anyone want to discuss? movies

I'll start by saying how much I LOVE this movie. I saw American Beauty for the 50th time and I keep asking myself a few plot questions that seem unanswered to me no matter how many times I watch the movie. Here they go:

1) How come Carolyn doesn't realize Lester works at the Mr. Smiley when her and Buddy go into the drive through to get food after "the good workout" they just had? She knows it's a Mr. Smiley because she asks for a double Mr. Smiley, it's not like she's so dazed from lust that she thinks she's on a McDonalds or something. Wouldn't she know Lester works there? Also, Lester wears a crazy uniform (cap, shirt, Mr. Smiley brand) she would definitely see him leaving the house in the uniform.

2) Why does Angela tell Lester she's a virgin right before having sex in the living room? I have a couple of theories, either she was really a virgin (I doubt it) or she chickened out last minute. But it makes no sense for her to chicken out if she seemed willing enough for this to happen. Like why!

3) How does Ricky manage to keep a mini refrigerator full of pee jars a secret from his dad, if the dad "doesn't like locked doors" so probably be leaves his room open when he's not there? It seems like the kind of dad that would open the mini fridge to see what's in it.

4) Why does Jane want breast augmentation if she has perfect boobs? This one is a joke question.



Submitted May 29, 2016 at 11:26AM by tatricia http://ift.tt/25qhLt0 movies

No comments:

Post a Comment