Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Basic GE fridge and freezer burn. appliancerepair

I work at an apartment complex and I have a resident who believes the freezer portion of the refrigerator is malfunctioning. She claims that the ice in the ice maker tray should not freeze together and that ice should not accumulate on her foods that are in Ziploc bags (no name brand sandwich bags). She refuses to believe that Ice can still evaporate inside a freezer. I guess she doesn't know that molecules move at below freezing temps.

I have already replaced her fridge once. She thinks that air is getting into the freezer which is causing the ice to melt. But I do not think that would cause the freezer burn. I recommended changing the freezer door gasket but I personally don't think that will change anything. Is there anything I can do to prevent premature freezer burn? Can a bad gasket actually affect the conditions of food sealed inside of a bag. I understand that if it was letting a significant amount of air inside the temperature would not be consistent and the compressor would work too hard. Even in that case I only think the food would have trouble maintaining the proper temperature not extracting frozen ice crystals from the food. Anyway let me know what you think thanks. I'll probably already have finished with her by the time I get replies



Submitted May 25, 2016 at 09:40PM by duecebravo http://ift.tt/1TEnwy6 appliancerepair

No comments:

Post a Comment