Wednesday, May 25, 2016

I was looking for an apartment, but I found my dream job instead. jobs

I'm a 51 YO male, separated from my wife in December. I've been staying with friends but all that went to shit (not because of me staying there). I needed an apartment, but I couldn't afford much since my wife is seeking almost half my $37k/year salary in alimony and child support. I looked at a modest bedroom share with one other guy, and made a verbal agreement to take it. But filling out the rental application on a Friday night, it occurred to me... should I really accept the first one I look at?

The next morning, I checked Craigslist one more time for another apartment. I saw an ad that had just been posted. It offered rent-free and utility free living in exchange for part-time (2-4 hours/day) caretaking duties on a beautiful 18-acre private estate. I couldn't believe my eyes, reading the description. I leaped for it with all my might.

Out of respect for the owners, I can't identify the location. But it's like a vacation getaway: indoor pool, hot tub, sauna, large pond, fantastic landscaping.... And now I live and work here. I moved in 2 days ago. I live in basically a tiny house with refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker.

Best of all, I get to keep my full-time job, so I'm banking everything I would have spent on rent and utilities. I think this is going to work out.

My point is... don't give up hope in your job search, but look for opportunities in unexpected places. Don't be afraid to change your lifestyle or to seek alternative means of living. Good luck.



Submitted May 25, 2016 at 04:01PM by ed32965 http://ift.tt/1s9gwQK jobs

No comments:

Post a Comment