Thursday, May 26, 2016

Peppermint tea and some summer questions breastfeeding

I just wanted to share with all you over suppliers this amazing thing. It's a long story how my supply got so out of control, and it's not that interesting, but it was a big mistake on my part. So anyway I had been having to get up to pump early in the morning so my baby (10 weeks) could latch, and it got to the point one day I pumped 4 oz at 4 am and then 8 oz in 9 minutes at around 8 and I was still drowning him and still felt sore from engorgement. I was so fed up and tired so I looked up herbal remedies for oversupply. Made a gallon of peppermint tea, stuck it in the refrigerator, and drank it all over the course of 2 days (I maybe overdid it a little because it was good) but I haven't pumped since. I am beyond thrilled and my little one can actually nurse to sleep, and eat at his own pace without drowning.

Also I was wondering what type of swimsuit other new moms were wearing that covers enough but is easy to nurse in. I want to cover up my thighs and tummy but still have easy access for feedings. While we are on the subject? Is 10 weeks okay to take in the pool, and do I need to wash my breasts before letting him eat so he isn't in heating chlorine?



Submitted May 27, 2016 at 04:30AM by airyesmad http://ift.tt/1XAIVuy breastfeeding

No comments:

Post a Comment