Tuesday, May 31, 2016

This lady must be truly miserable TalesFromTheFrontDesk

This weekend I experienced my first truly horrible guest.

I'm new to the front desk, just four weeks in. But I do come from a customer service background so dealing with gaping dickholes is something I'm familiar with. Also relevant, it's an older property, two floors, no elevators.

Anywho...

We had this lady, that I shall call Bitch for reasons. She is friends with our front desk manager and rents five rooms for one week every Memorial Day week.

The first couple of days, she seems ok. Made some small talk with her in the lobby. On Saturday she waddles up to the desk while my coworker A and I are checking in a line of guests. I ask her how I can help her.

Bitch: There are ants in my bathroom!

Me: I'm so sorry! I'll move you to a new room right now!

Bitch: the room across the hall from mine is empty, can you put me there? I want to be near the rest of my party.

Me: I'll see what I can do.

I consult my computer because I know the first floor is nearly full and only half the rooms have mini-fridges. Since she will be here a few more days, I assume she will want a fridge. I discover the room she requested is in fact available but doesn't have a fridge. The next closest room with one is right up the nearby stairwell and has a full sized refrigerator.

Me: I can move you across the hall, but that room has no refrigerator. The closest room with a fridge is just upstairs.

Bitch: That's fine.

Me: If you'd like to head down and begin packing up, I'll get your keys and help you bring your bags upstairs.

I should note, carrying bags in absolutely not in my job description. I offered to do it because I'm nice, and seemed like the least I could do since she had to change room through no fault of her own.

I make the keys and she's still at the desk.

Bitch: I don't want to walk up the stairs. Just give me the room across the hall and I share the fridge in my mother's room.

I make her keys, offer again to help her move, she declines, all is well. A thoroughly civil exchange.

The following day, I come in to work and Coworker A tells me that Bitch came down after I left to complain about me. I was "rude" and "refused to give [her] a room with a fridge". So, a great start to my day.

A few hours later...

A band checks in with a big tour bus. Bus driver man politely inquires if we have a hose and spigot and if he can use it to wash his bus. Coworker A consults the GM who happens to be there on a Sunday. GM give him the go ahead and directs him to the hose. The bus had been parked for less than 15 minutes when Bitch waddles back to the desk in a red-faced rage.

Bitch: This is outrageous! You allowed that bus to park across eight spaces! That is incredibly inconsiderate!

Me: They asked if they could wash their bus, ma'am. They won't be parked there long.

Bitch: What is a handicapped or elderly person supposed to do!? This is inconsiderate! How can YOU let THEM do THIS!

Me: They aren't parked in a handicapped zone ma'am, and they won't be there long.

Coworker A then rocks up as my back up.

Coworker A: Ma'am, we have five doors, each with handicapped parking. They are paying guests and have just as much right to those spaces as anyone else.

Bitch: Well I never! This is inconsiderate! I've never seen anything like this at any hotel! Blah, blah, blah (Yelling down the hall as she waddles back to her room)

We immediately tell the GM, even though he heard the whole thing from his office.

GM: Ah... The lady who complained about the fridge. She's a friend of (FDM) and she stays here every year. She just likes to complain.

About thirty minutes later, Bitch's sister waddles down and demands our GM.

Bitch's sister: That bus is blocking my view in the parking lot! If I get clipped by another car I will sue YOU. We already complained to the girls at the desk and they were rude and ignored us. And I can see [coworkerA] giving me a dirty look right now.

(Coworker A wasn't giving her a dirty look, but she sure as shit did after Bitch's sister said that. )

GM walks Bitch's sister back down the hall to her room, explaining that the bus driver will move as soon as he's finished.

Yesterday:

I arrive for my first shift all by myself, dreading having to deal with Bitch running her suck-muscle at me with no backup/witnesses.

I relieve Coworker B, a sweet 19 year old girl. He first words to me, "That Bitch checked out."

Apparently she left but not before:

Complaining once again that I was rude.

Complaining Coworker A was rude.

Demanding a discount for not having a fridge. (There is no price difference, plus she already had a discounted rate and a free night)

Screaming at Coworker B making her cry.

Demanding the GM Fire all three of us.

It was a busy Memorial Day weekend and literally every other guest was on the spectrum between polite to delightful. She and her party were the only blemish on a smooth, almost enjoyable holiday weekend.

I wonder how miserably awful her life must be that making a 19 year old girl cry or trying to get people fired brings her joy. What a sad Bitch.



Submitted May 31, 2016 at 05:12PM by RiverSong42 http://ift.tt/1TTPdTB TalesFromTheFrontDesk

No comments:

Post a Comment