Monday, May 2, 2016

Cheap, healthy, and quick meal I can eat all day EatCheapAndHealthy

Recently I've been trying to eat better and cheaper foods in an effort to try and stop eating out, especially at work. Rice has been a big part of my meals. I've mainly just been cooking brown or white rice in low sodium chicken broth and mixing it with canned beans and vegetables. It's a simple meal, but very filling.

However, I'm a little worried about eating so much rice. Diabetes runs in my family and I've heard white rice can increase my risk of developing it. I'm also a little worried about the amount of arsenic in rice. I don't want to kick rice entirely out of my diet, but I would like an alternative food to go along with my beans and vegetables. I don't care all that much about taste. I just need a good, filling food and easy to make. If I can cook it in my rice cooker, that's a huge plus. Also, I prefer not having to heat it up after I pop it in the refrigerator.



Submitted May 02, 2016 at 10:56PM by TalesOfFan http://ift.tt/26LvagS EatCheapAndHealthy

No comments:

Post a Comment