Tuesday, February 9, 2016

TIFU by making Jello tifu

This was more than 25 years ago, so a classic TIFU.

I was young and inexperienced in the kitchen. I am also impatient.

One day, I decided to make strawberry Jello. I poured the Jello powder into a plastic container, poured boiling water in, snapped the lid down, and SHOOK the container. The lid immediately burst open, and hot, red, sticky liquid went EVERYWHERE. I was covered in it. My kitchen looked like a murder scene - there was even red goo dripping from the ceiling.

I did suffer minor burns to my hands and wrists, and there was still a pinkish stain on our refrigerator door when we moved out a year later.

TL;DR: I forgot that hot liquid expands rapidly when agitated, and got really sticky because of it.



Submitted February 09, 2016 at 09:14PM by fedupwithpeople http://ift.tt/1K9SXiK tifu

No comments:

Post a Comment