Sunday, February 28, 2016

When I need eye bleach, I visit Life Pro Tips confession

[Light]: I'm using a throwaway for this confession. Not because it's particularly egregious but because I'm not a very effective Redditor IRL and I want to protect my precious internet points. This confession is light (maybe even a little silly) but it has the potential to piss a lot of people off. Hence the throwaway.

So yeah, it's what the title says. I'm only subscribed to Life Pro Tips because I get a kick out of the naivety of a lot of its posts. Obviously there are some very useful tips, some I've actually taken to heart and put to use in my own life. But there are some really silly ones, too, and I think it's cute that these people put so much thought into such a silly idea, then post it online with the serious intent of helping others.

More than once in the last month I've let go of an audible “aww” when reading the posts. One in particular was a tip advising others to take a picture of their stove and outlets, as well as their own locked doors, prior to leaving on a long trip. Another one that sticks out for me is a post telling people to leave their employer on good terms only. Reaching into the past, I still gush when I remember a post telling people to take a picture of the inside of their refrigerator before going shopping.

In between those examples, there are so many other posts that just make me smile. I think there's a charming quality to these posts, almost like watching a group of children waking up to the logic behind looking both ways before they cross the road, then running out the door to excitedly share this new found wisdom with others.

TL;DR: Who needs a subreddit for eyebleach when there's one for Life Pro Tips?



Submitted February 29, 2016 at 05:22AM by lpttossoff http://ift.tt/1RdFweC confession

No comments:

Post a Comment