Monday, February 29, 2016

LG LFX333975ST refrigerator, 50° F temperature fixit

So my refrigerator on the lowest settings (freezer & refrigerator) is sitting mid 40's/low 50's. I contacted LG, they did a smart diagnostic and told me that the temperature sensor is bad. I have verified the refrigerator fan is operating, checked ohms on both sensors, and checked output temperature after letting it run for 20 minutes.

The sensors are both reading 10-20k Ohms, and when I blasted them with canned air, they climbed to 50k+ ohms. I don't know what they should be reading but both of them act the same so I imagine they are fine. Does anyone know what they should read?

Now after taking it completely apart and putting it back together, I'm getting temperature readings of 32 ° at the top vent & 30 ° at the bottom.

So all in all does anyone have any other suggestions of what I should check or do? I'm waiting right now to see what temperature it goes down to after disassembling it, but that will take 8-10 hours. I already have a new sensor on order but, I don't think I need it now.

Sorry for my awful structure, I'm only (somewhat) hands on smart. Not great with explaining. Thank you



Submitted March 01, 2016 at 05:18AM by Wakeofpigs http://ift.tt/1oKoHkh fixit

No comments:

Post a Comment