Saturday, February 27, 2016

Strange Nightmare Dreams

So I haven't been remembering my dreams as well as I used to. I'm 17 years old, and I also have had incredibly sparce nightmares. And even then, they were super strange and had little to no cohesion. However, I had a very non-specific nightmare last night, it was probably the most terrifying nightmare/thing I've ever experienced. However, it was only because it was so dissimilar to anything that has happened before it.

A bit of context: I go to sleep playing podcasts, music, and more commonly, YouTube videos. Prior to the nightmare I can remember simply standing in front of my refrigerator, looking at pictures (loosely) pertaining to the video I was listening to at that moment. If I recall, there were some terrifying images, although nothing I can specifically remember: only that they were terrifying. As I said before, my dreams have no cohesion, so this may be entirely unrelated to what I was previously describing.

This is the scariest part. I found myself in blackness; pure darkness. In retrospect, it's likely my eyes were just closed. I was laying down in a bed (not that I could see it, I just remember it feeling like a bed.) I could hear was light rain and rolling thunder. But along with that, I could hear the video that was playing. All of a sudden, I start involuntarily shaking. I can feel headphones in my ears; presumably that's where the video's audio is coming from. The shaking becomes more and more intense, almost to the point of convulsion. It's what I imagine a seizure would feel like. The only thought I could think was "I CAN'T LISTEN TO THIS ANYMORE. GET THESE HEADPHONES OUT", it was a more distressed feeling than I can remember in recent memory. I want to use my arms to rip out my headphones, but I can't; I just keep shaking. I finally manage to control my arms, and in one motion I sit up as fast as I can to rip out the headphones... only they aren't there. This is because I was awake, in my room. I was sitting up, on my bed, looking at the wall. I could still hear the video playing, exactly where it was from when I was still dreaming.

Some strange things I'd like to mention are that the videos themselves are comedic. They're from a channel called Game Grumps, and there is nothing remotely terrifying about them. Which is when looking back at the scenario in retrospect, it's kinda funny. But the feeling was far from comedic.

I also would like to mention the time frame, because the whole series of dreams happened within an hour and a half. It was 11:00 PM when I had went to bed, and I remember waking up at 12:30 AM. Usually the dreams I have last much longer before I wake up, which is why I find this strange. I almost wonder if those were the only things I dreamt of.

Well, that's about it. Easily the most surreal, creepy, almost cryptic nightmare I've ever had. It almost sounds like something out of a short horror story. I do believe that dreams can tell you what you are currently feeling. I don't believe they can predict the future, however. My life has taken a much needed turn for the better, so having such a nightmare seems out of place. I also believe that not EVERY single dream has meaning, so It's probably nothing. Still though, what do you guys think?



Submitted February 28, 2016 at 10:49AM by Camptain0 http://ift.tt/1n6CUqG Dreams

No comments:

Post a Comment