Thursday, February 25, 2016

Garage Power Options electricians

I have a new home. 3 car garage, 700 square feet or so. The power is no where the power should be. Long story short, I have to run an extension cord about 30 feet to get to where I need power for my refrigerator. The most useful outlet is on my north wall, it is a single plug outlet. I have mounted a garage rated surge protector with 6 outlets. I supplies power to my fridge, irrigation panel, AT&T battery backup, and serves as my main source of power. Of course on my south wall, there are 2 double plugs, but I park my suburban over there and its really the only place to park my large vehicle. It drives me crazy having cord strung about, its a trip hazard for my children, and it looks like crap.

I have 2 breaker boxes on the north wall, I assume there are open circuits, I will investigate. How big of a job is it to run conduit around 4' high around the garage with with plug-ins roughly every 10 feet or so? The conduit would have to go up and around 2 doors (one to the side yard, one to a small storage closet)? I have used a licensed electrician to install some electrical inside my home and he has been great. I would use him for the electrical run through the conduit as well and the connection to the breaker panel.

Where I have the most questions is how difficult is it to run the conduit, what type of conduit should I run (metal vs. plastic), how to determine how many outlets a run should have on it, etc...

Any advice would be great here. I really do not want to tear a bunch of drywall out and add power, and I actually like the look of conduit runs (I know you all can understand that...)



Submitted February 26, 2016 at 02:20AM by sosostu http://ift.tt/1WM8er9 electricians

No comments:

Post a Comment