Friday, February 26, 2016

Sourdough Proofing Problems Breadit

Recently I've been trying to get into making my own sourdough, using the recipe in Peter Reinhart's Artisan Breads Every Day. You're supposed to take the dough out of the refrigerator, let it sit for two hours, shape the bread, let it proof for two more hours, then bake. First and second tries: obviously underproofed. Third try I thought I would try proofing in the refrigerator. My dough proofed for about 8 hours, and by the time I checked on it, it had flattened out like pizza crust.

I suspect the 1st and 2nd tries were underproofed because the heating in my apartment wasn't on high enough (in the winter it's often ~ 60 degrees inside). It's probably not realistic for me to buy or build a proofing box right now. Can you give me some tips and tricks to help fix my proofing problems?

Recipe:

Starter made with 56.5 g mother starter, 227 g flour, 142 g water

Dough made from the resultant starter, 397 g water, 567 g flour, 18 g salt.



Submitted February 26, 2016 at 11:45PM by Fillanzea http://ift.tt/1n1TAj3 Breadit

No comments:

Post a Comment