Monday, October 2, 2017

Learned a lot of bad things about my health after trying to lose weight. loseit

This is a little bit of a vent too...sorry in advance and thank you to anyone who reads this. But I feel like I have been struggling for years and I just need to try to focus. Growing up I had a mother who was anorexic and we never had food. She is now a 55-year-old woman who flip-flops back-and-forth from over eating and gaining weight and then taking shots for the HCG diet over and over and over again.

She was always critiquing me and giving me ephedrine-based diet pills before school and putting me on diet shakes starting at the age of 14. When I was only 135 lb at 5'6". My nick name was Mrs. Piggy and she would over feed me at times and then laugh at me. It was never "abuse" because she grew up with abuse. She was helping me etc... her abuse was very extreme and she is actually lucky she made it to adulthood to be honest.

Any way. I married the first boy I met and moved out and gained 150lbs by the time I was 24.

Four years ago my husband and I decided to get serious about weight loss and he lost 60 pounds in the first year and has kept it off.

In the last four years I have been diagnosed with thyroid disease, I have been diagnosed with arthritis, I have been diagnosed with three benign tumors. One of them is in my brain. And I have lost 30 pounds but after a move and some lifestyle changes to be more available to my kids I have gained 15 pounds of that back. Both of my children are autistic also.

And since I have had to learn how to be a parent to two autistic children there have come about a ton of questions about myself in my development growing up. My mother has decided to share with me that doctors recommended developmental testing for myself. It was recommended that I needed Speech and somebody tried to address that I had an abnormal gait is a child.

I was diagnosed with ADHD five years ago and it's not really new information. I had multiple teachers and schools test me growing up but my mother did not believe in mental health so nothing was ever followed up. We were in the army so moving happened every three years and we would just get new doctors or we just wouldn't go.

I have an appointment in two weeks to address ADHD. And talk about some of the similar behaviors that I have noticed in myself that impact my daily life like my children. My eight-year-old daughter is a very similar copy of myself and I see a lot of things that I struggled with mirrored with her almost exactly.

My goal is to finally try a medication to help me with time management and being able to focus so I can actually start and finish something.

I know this is beyond this sub Reddit but a lot of the health stuff affects my ability to focus and plan and lose weight. And I am faced with a brain surgery at some point so I do not want to have surgery at 237lbs.

I do not want my obesity to impact whether or not there are complications during surgery. And it would also be nice not to see all of the fat around my skull in my brain MRI. I am shocked at how think my neck is because of fat on the back of my neck.... gross! Lol

I have my fitness pal and I am trying to complete a visual food schedule on my refrigerator as well as a visual schedule for me and my two children to see if some small changes at home will help me manage time and food. :)

I know the probability that somebody else on here has potential autism as an adult but just in case, I wanted to reach out to see if there is anybody in a similar situation that has ideas or somebody may work with special needs adults. Who knows?



Submitted October 02, 2017 at 07:30PM by McLeod3013 http://ift.tt/2xVXnaW loseit

No comments:

Post a Comment