To be as brief as I can: LG LFXS30766S.ASTCNA0 / SBS 2.5 yrs old. 1 yr parts and labor warranty. 7 year sealed system PARTS only. Stopped cooling fridge and freezer 8 weeks ago. Hired repair tech and after about 5 visits spanning 8 weeks: Replaced Board, Fans, thermostat - tested other items all working fine. and ultimately freon was cut into which was empty - it was filled and sealed. No longer leaks. Still wont cool. The determination is that it is a sealed system issue - possibly a "blockage" in the line. Either way he says its not repairable.
LG warranty seems like it should cover it but they are starting to make my tech think they might not replace it OR they might claim there is a part that can be sent BUT the fix can't be done without destroying the unit. He isn't sounding very positive about my situation related to a replacement unit.
I spent $3K on a fridge and feel I have done everything I possibly can to fix it. I know I shouldnt expect a lifetime purchase here but 2.5 years is unreasonable by any standard.
How do I proceed here? The final call with LG tech and my tech is this Friday. I am not optimistic and want to be prepared to say or do the right thing. Thanks
Submitted August 09, 2017 at 11:49AM by rdrean http://ift.tt/2vNqbBt appliancerepair
No comments:
Post a Comment