Monday, August 28, 2017

There was a problem with the croutons. TalesFromYourServer

So I was already slightly annoyed with this table, because it was over 90 degrees and they insisted on sitting on our screened in porch. No one else was sitting out there, and it's always hot since the screens don't allow air flow and the fans we have are basically useless. They start the exchange by asking if we can open some of the inside doors to let the air conditioning get out there (no, because the restaurant would in turn get hot and humid), asking if we can turn the fans up (sure, but it'll just push the hot air around), asking if our patio heaters are on (are you kidding me?) and finally giving up and ordering food. The woman gets just a garden salad.

M = me C = customer

M: How is everything? C: .... it's fine. M: Is there something wrong? C: Well, I mean. It's the croutons. M: Oh? What's wrong with them? C: They're COLD!! M: ....what do you mean? C: You can tell they were in a refrigerator. They need to be warmed up before they are served. M: I, uh, I'll let someone know.

I told my manager and he was dumbfounded. Our croutons are made fresh, refrigerated overnight, and kept on the line. They are room temp. Like normal croutons. She was a total food martyr and just wanted a box for the rest of her salad and the check.

I had thought I'd heard it all. And then someone complains that the croutons are cold. I don't even know anymore.



Submitted August 28, 2017 at 09:32PM by tanzabonanza http://ift.tt/2vDlFSr TalesFromYourServer

No comments:

Post a Comment