Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Troubleshooting mead

This is a continuation of this problem thred from a free days ago:

Pushing The Last 3.5 Points

http://ift.tt/2go1LZG

So some new information: when I pitched my Mead that day I had bought b some fresh ec1118 packs. They were in my refrigerator next to my few remaining D47. LAV packs look pretty much all the same, so with help from a user we came to the conclusion that it was within the realm of possibility that I had put a D47 and not a 1118 in my Mead; explaining why it had stopped at 14%

I pitched some 1118 into it with some aeration and nutrients and waited

In so many days there is still no change in gravity

I checked my meter in water to check to make sure it was working fine; it was

So here my thinking

1: just gotta wait it out and this is going to take longer than I thought

2: I should cut my losses and go to secondary and take any gravity drop when done as a gift

3: voodoo?

4: something else

I am open to suggestions and advise

Thanks



Submitted August 30, 2017 at 03:32AM by CityEggs http://ift.tt/2iFkEIm mead

No comments:

Post a Comment