Monday, August 28, 2017

Constructive Eviction legaladvice

I just recently moved into an apartment around 2 weeks ago. When I moved in on August 19th, I discovered that I had a roach infestation. Upon further investigation, I found many large holes around the piping under my sink in my bathroom and kitchen, and both sink and shower in the bathroom appear to be leaking. There is another large hole in my closet ceiling. I notified the landlord that I had a roach problem, and they said they would be fixing it. It's now 2 weeks later and no sign of lessened roach activity. I also just saw a roach climb out of my vent. I was promised a refrigerator, dishwasher, and oven/stove. My refrigerator was infested with roaches and my dishwasher didn't work. Do I qualify for a "constructive eviction"? I live in Austin, Texas.



Submitted August 29, 2017 at 08:45AM by PM_ME_POLAR_BEARS http://ift.tt/2xIsqDT legaladvice

No comments:

Post a Comment