Sunday, August 27, 2017

A tale of two customers. TalesFromRetail

LTLFTP on mobile etc etc.

So I work at a pizza place, and we get all sorts of customers. Our pizza is pretty good, so we don't usually get many jerks or idiots. Everyone is pretty nice, and the customers are alright. Tonight, we had two interesting customers.

The bad customer (henceforth BC) came in asking to speak to a manager (politely, thank God). BC wanted to return his order because "the pizza was cold when it arrived, like it had been in a refrigerator." It got returned with everything in the order still hot. The claim was physically impossible since it was about 80 degrees (about 25 Celsius) outside and it was delivered fresh out of the oven. We all shook our heads at that one together. (but hey, free food!)

The good customer (GC) called later in the rush, and she was one of the best callers I've ever had. She cracked jokes a bit, we had a nice conversation, she ordered a sizable amount of food, and it was generally a very pleasant call. (In hindsight, I wish I had thanked her for being an awesome customer.) I told the driver about how nice she was and he was excited to hear that she would likely tip big. (She did.) I think the reason this made me so happy is because I hate answering the phone.

It wasn't much of a story, but I really just wanted to share those with all of you.

TL;DR 1. My hot food is cold. 2. Best caller ever.



Submitted August 28, 2017 at 08:45AM by AcePhoenixGamer http://ift.tt/2vjD4Em TalesFromRetail

No comments:

Post a Comment