Thursday, August 24, 2017

Me [52 M/] with my Married Roommates [Mid 30's M/F] I have a small situation with the kitchen space (Xpost) relationships

I crossposted this to r/roomates, so let me know if this doesn't fit here.

This really is a small issue, but I was hoping to get some advise here on how to handle it. I rent a room with a young family of immigrants. The husband speaks my language, but the wife does not. At this point, I am paying over 50% of the rent, plus utilities.

Now here's the issue: The wife is a bit of a kitchen hoarder. Every cabinet is filled with dishes, glasses, saucers, etc. To make matters worse, there is no organization of any of it. things are stuffed wherever they fit. Food is mixed in with flatware, there's no clear pantry, just wherever it can be stuffed. There is no room for my pots and pans, small appliances or anything.

Same with the refrigerator. I went shopping, and since I'm just a single guy, I didn't have much. But the only room in the fridge, was in the door, and about a quarter of one shelf. So I put my stuff where I could, and when I returned to make dinner my groceries were re-stuffed in the door. I have been keeping my skillets/appliances in my room for now

Now, I feel that since I pay over 50% of the rent, I should be entitled to more space in the kitchen. I like to eat healthy and cook my own meals, but so far, I've been eating out this month way too much.

This is my first month there, so I'd like to address this as soon as possible. Thanks in advance for any advice or tips you may have.


tl;dr: Immigrant roommate's wife hoards kitchen, I want some of the space for my things



Submitted August 25, 2017 at 12:57AM by ccrexer http://ift.tt/2vazRH8 relationships

No comments:

Post a Comment