Thursday, August 31, 2017

Am I in the wrong here? TalesFromTheFrontDesk

Hey TFTFD, long time lurker, first time poster. I don't work at the front desk and this is more of a rant of a hotel I'm staying at. I feel after reading many stories from the other side of the desk, maybe I could get an honest opinion and understand if I'm wrong in thinking that my service is a bit on the odd side.

My mom picked a hotel for a mini vacation, just chill at the pool for a weekend and check the mall away from home. Nothing special. She did an e-check in which apparently allows her to choose her room and give them the time we would be arriving. Now I don't particularly understand how that changes the on location check in process, but my guess is it is similar to a confirmation/heads up.

Anyway, check-in is at 3pm and we came in at 3:30 and the room wasn't ready. Odd, but we see the cleaning cart in a room so probably ours and as it turned out it was. But we ended up waiting until 4:15, an hour and 15 minutes past their posted check out times. Now reading the stories here, I'm rationalizing that maybe they are short staffed or our room checked out late.

Now, mind you, Hotel looks amazing and the staff so far have been nice. The room also looked nice, a double queen, with kitchen and whirlpool tub and shower. However, when we walked in there was bit of a chlorine smell in our room, our tv was disconnected from its box so no cable until we called them to fix it, refrigerator was leaking a bit later, one of the hand towels folded all fancy had a pizza looking stain on it and we might be idiots but we can't seem to find a button or handle on our microwave.

All minor but I think what kind of ticked me off was when me and my younger sister were in the indoor pool at night. We went in at 8, posted hours on the door said it closed at 930. The clock in the room didn't work, so I figured we would stay until we got tired or they closed it. In previous hotels, people would come in to the pool and tell anybody left like a heads up. In this case, my sister and I and two others were in the pool when the lights just turned off?! No warning and some staff came in to clean the hot tub earlier, not a peep from them. I found that dangerous because now I'm navigating a dark, slippery area with my sister who wears glasses and took them off to swim. What if somebody slipped and fell because of that? Isn't that a lawsuit waiting to happen?

All in the first day. Nothing extreme and I'm just ranting, but I'd love to hear if these are complaint worthy offenses or if I'm just over exaggerating.



Submitted September 01, 2017 at 08:40AM by lolwut22woowoo http://ift.tt/2wWlh6w TalesFromTheFrontDesk

No comments:

Post a Comment