Thursday, August 31, 2017

Second Ferment time Kombucha

It's summer and my house is kept at about 75 degrees during the daytime. I typically keep my bottles of kombucha for 1 week at second fermentation before moving to the refrigerator. This gave me decent flavor, but very not much carbonation.

However, I forgot about my latest batch and they were left for 2 weeks before moving to the refrigerator.

After opening these bottles, there was significantly more carbonation. The flavor also seemed a lot more balanced and not too acidic. I was expecting it to taste like vinegar!

My first ferment is usually about a week. and I typically add 1-2 ounces of juice per 16 ounce swing-top bottle.

Is 2 weeks longer than is typical for the second ferment?



Submitted September 01, 2017 at 01:41AM by crazyk4952 http://ift.tt/2wqHHK3 Kombucha

No comments:

Post a Comment