Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Roomates use utilities liberally, how do I get them to be more frugal in their usage? relationships

As of now we're spending like 150 per month on electricity in a 1500sqft apartment as 3 individuals, which in my book is kind of high. I've moved the air conditioning from 70 to 72, but they have their own refrigerators and TVs in their rooms, and I have neither.

I don't think it is fair to split the bill when they're consuming significantly more, and they are both sort of lazy I guess in their other habits around the house as well. Both of them insist on washing and drying all of their clothes with hot water and long cycles, and doing the dishes with like 2 cups a mug and one small plate, yet using every hot water and heated dry setting.

I know asking them at all about this is sort of a losing game in that splitting it three ways means it is relatively small, but they messed up our comcast service and decided to rent BOTH the comcast router and wifi unit, and it is making me very annoyed because I am much more organized/frugal than they are in my home life prior to being at school.

TLDR: can I negotiate with them in a way that isn't demanding, controlling, or excessively bothersome?



Submitted August 29, 2017 at 08:02PM by worriedfailure22 http://ift.tt/2x16ffh relationships

No comments:

Post a Comment