Monday, August 28, 2017

fix for samsung refrigerator evaporator coils freezing? DIY

This problem first popped up 2 months ago when I heard ice hitting the fan in my fridge (Samsung RF217ACRS). After letting my fridge defrost for ~24 hours and then seeing how fast it froze up, I got this. Searching through Google/Youtube, I saw that apparently plenty of Samsung fridges have this problem. I switched the evaporator drain clip with a new one and it looked like this for a while. Great! Well that only lasted for 2 months. This time, it didn't get to the point of the ice hitting the fan. I did see ice peeking through the evaporator cover so I did the whole 24 hour defrost again and decided to replace the defrost sensor and add a copper wire. Well looking here, it doesn't seem to be working. It's already icy. Should my next step be to order a new heating element? I'm not sure what else could be the issue. Or should I just wait out and see how this new defrost sensor works, considering it has only been a few hours since that was put in?

Also note, I did not have the problem of my fridge not cooling or water leaking. Just lots of ice on my evaporator coils.

Picture of the coils defrosted with the new sensor.



Submitted August 29, 2017 at 07:37AM by CLGbigthrows http://ift.tt/2xI9aqf DIY

No comments:

Post a Comment