Monday, August 28, 2017

Using an old refrigerator in a pinch as a wineador? cigars

Hi everyone,

First post here although I've been lurking for quite a while.

Having not smoked for the past 5 years or so I recently decided that instead of just wishing I could enjoy the occasional cigar, I'd actually do it. Loving it so far!

I'm an expat in Thailand, which means that cigar prices are pretty insane (similar to Canada from what I gather) so I've been ordering online, which means I've had to order a few number at a time to make it worth the shipping (and unfortunately so far, import tax) costs. Well, that's what I tell myself anyway.

Here it's either very hot and humid or very hot, raining and humid. That pretty much sums up the seasons.

Finally I got my Boveda packs (69s, I figured keeping the humidity down instead of up will be my issue), bought an air tight Tupperware and I'm ready to go.

Only issue - too hot!

Looking around for wine coolers, the options (like many Western orientated things) are far and few between and expensive. The cheapest one so far at around $250 for an 8 bottle one.

Suffice to say, my credit card has had enough this month and needs a rest! CAD, you know how it is...

It just so happens I have a refrigerator that's perfectly good, only a couple of years old but kind of cheap and can't keep up with the heat here, so I'm confident I can get it to 70F pretty easily. It's a normal small family fridge/freezer combo.

So, long story short, is it ok to put the Tupperdore in there? (the refrigerator part, not the freezer!).

It's either that or in my wardrobe which means going between around 70 at night (with aircon on) to 1,000 in the day (ok maybe a little less, but Satan would feel toasty).

TL:DR got a tupperdore and Boveda. Freakin' hot and humid all the time. Wine cooler costs more than remaining credit limit. Use cheap old refrigerator?



Submitted August 28, 2017 at 03:28PM by Jimmiejackson http://ift.tt/2wBDENI cigars

No comments:

Post a Comment