Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Removing a splice connector? AskElectronics

Hi. I'm not sure this is the right place to ask this questions, so mods please remove this (though the sidebar says how-tos are okay).

I have a side-by-side GE fridge which, like all side-by-side GE fridges, has had a problem with the water line freezing. I've done everything I could to prevent having to put in a heating element, but it finally came time to.

Putting in the heating element (this guy) went great, until I got to splicing the wires from the heating element to the wires in the fridge. I shut off my breaker, connected one wire from the heating element to the fridge and it went fine. The second though...

This is the splice connector the heating element comes with. In the second connection, the metal bar came in contact with the heating element's wire but missed the native refrigerator wire. The heating element doesn't get hot. So now I've got the problem of trying to get this thing off and resplicing it.

I'm concerned with the safety of doing that.

  1. How the hell do you get these things off?

  2. What safety things should I be concerned with?

Thank you!



Submitted December 22, 2016 at 06:09AM by _TheChainsOfMarkov_ http://ift.tt/2hViFvq AskElectronics

No comments:

Post a Comment