Tuesday, December 27, 2016

So money for my brother's wedding this summer is tight and he asked me to do dessert for the reception. 150 portions and I will be limited to a household kitchen... care to help me brainstorm? KitchenConfidential

Here are the details:

1) 150 plates made entirely in your average household kitchen, 2) will need to be transported by 15 minute drive 3) no refrigeration possibilities at the venue for cold holding 4) summertime outdoor wedding

At first I was thinking I could pipe out individual tiramisu's into wine glasses and keep them in those glass racks from dish pit. I could drive them to the venue right before dessert is served. Then I could unwrap them, garnish, and send. However, it seems like even storing those in the refrigerator at the house will be tight...and not to mention tiramisu is lame. I'm also thinking I could do individual pavlovas since the merengue base won't need to be refrigerated, then I could just bring a big cambro of pasty cream to the venue, pipe it into the merengue shells, top with berries, garnish, then send. I have zero catering experience so any advice is welcome.

It's my brother and his fiancé, I want to make sure they have a memorable and magical dessert to finish off their reception. However, limitations need to be overcome beforehand. I imagine I could recruit a couple of friends for help as well. Any thoughts? What would you do in this situation? Also, all of you catering vets, what do you use for transportation? I need to figure out a way to stack desserts in big tupperware containers without the bottom layer touching the top layer. I'm thinking maybe I could make cardboard inserts that criss cross all the individual portions and hold up a cardboard sheet on the top layer?

Thanks all!



Submitted December 28, 2016 at 01:11AM by drumbum081 http://ift.tt/2hlfZFp KitchenConfidential

No comments:

Post a Comment