Friday, December 23, 2016

I don't know what happened. But something did. Glitch_in_the_Matrix

I woke up this morning. Not terribly unique in and of itself, but today was not like any day before.

I woke up lying across my bed as if I was tossed on the bed by somebody. My feet were hanging off the side of the bed and I was fully clothed. I don't sleep like that.

The last thing I remember was starting my evening routine. I fixed a snack consisting of two small hamburgers and a Diet Coke and grabbed my medications. I take a decongestant, an antacid and sleeping pill. I put them in one of the little cups that you get with Nyquil, and set them on the table next to my chair. Then I sat down to watch something on Netflix.

The next thing I knew it was seven and a half hours later and I am on the bed. The soda and meds were still on the table next to my chair, untouched; but the burgers were back in the bag and placed in the refrigerator.

Additionally, NONE of my normal routine was completed. The house was not locked down and the security alarm was not set. I always lock my bedroom door, but it was wide open. My normally clingy cats were hiding and I had not laid out my clothes for work before retiring to bed. Something I have done since childhood.

Other things that were amiss:

  • All of the lights in the house were on.
  • The TV and computer were both on.
  • The Air purifier was OFF. I only turn it off to change the filter.
  • The incense on my altar was burnt. I don't burn when I'm sleeping or not in the house.
  • Three books I had been searching for for quite some time were noticed on a shelf far from their designated location (I have a private library of several thousand pieces organized by subject then by author).
  • My phone was not plugged in. It is one of the first things I do when I empty my pockets, and I remember doing it when I got home.

Individually none of these things is remarkable, but collectively they make me feel uneasy. So much so that I've had to check several sources to make sure that I didn't lose an entire day. Other things that are not typical are, the drive to work was noticeably shorter (perhaps it is seasonal traffic), my coworkers seem different both physically and behaviorally. One seems to have lost a lot of weight since yesterday and the other seems to have forgotten how to do their job.

One thing that keeps popping up in my mind is that I woke up in a parallel universe. Most things feel the same, but some things seem 'Off'.

This can't be a reaction to the meds, because I still haven't taken them and I wasn't particularly fatigued. All I know it that one second I had grabbing the TV remote and the next I am waking up, fully clothed, lying across my bed and seven and half hours have passed.

I don't know if this is a Glitch or a dimensional jump or something totally different. But it is/was something.



Submitted December 23, 2016 at 02:43PM by Steampunker683 http://ift.tt/2i8YoCp Glitch_in_the_Matrix

No comments:

Post a Comment