Saturday, December 31, 2016

The partially-eaten sandwich…that wasn’t Glitch_in_the_Matrix

My first post to Reddit, so hope I'm doing this right!

About a month ago, I had the strangest experience, which I’m only now getting around to posting because I’ve been busy with the holidays.

My job is about a 10 minute drive from my house, and I have a one hour lunch break. My lunch routine at work is pretty much the same everyday. I leave work at 12:30, get home by 12:40, which gives me 40 minutes to walk my dog, make and eat my lunch (usually while watching the afternoon news). I leave home by 1:20 and return to work at 1:30. Same old same old each day.

Here’s the glitch: One day about a month ago, I came home for lunch as I always do. The only thing different was that I was in a mid-morning meeting where someone brought in an assortment of bagels and cream cheese to share. Also, a co-worker, who had celebrated her birthday the day before, brought in some left-over birthday cake to share with everyone. By my lunch hour, I had already eaten a bagel with cream cheese and larger than I should have piece of birthday cake, so I really wasn’t very hungry.

I get home for lunch at my normal time, take the dog for a quick walk and make a turkey and cheese sandwich. I take it to the couch, turn on the news, and take a bite out of the sandwich. I think to myself, “I’m really not that hungry”, but I go ahead and take a second bite. After the second bite, I decided I didn’t feel like eating the rest of the sandwich, so I put it in a baggie and in the refrigerator, with the thought that I’d just finish it for lunch the next day. No big deal. I return to work at my regular time and proceed with my day as normal.

That night I had dinner plans with a friend, but at the last minute she canceled. I was trying to decide what to make for dinner and since I was too lazy to cook, I thought I’d just finish the sandwich from lunch. I pull out the baggie from the fridge and I’m confused and in disbelief. A whole, uneaten sandwich was in the baggie; NO bites or missing parts whatsoever! I just stand there staring at it. I examine it for a minute, inspecting it very closely, but the ENTIRE sandwich was there, as if I just made it and then put it away before eating any of it!

I’ve come up with two possible explanations, though both feel unlikely to me.

The first is my subconscious mind created some kind of false memory. I made the sandwich, but before taking any bites out of it, I decided I wasn’t hungry and put it in the fridge. My mind then created the false-memory of me eating part of it first before putting it away. The reason this feel so unlikely to me though is because of just how vivid the memory is. I remember distinctly taking not one, but two bites while watching the news. I even remember my dog sitting there doing that begging stare as I took those bites. I remember stuffing a partially-eaten sandwich in the baggie.

The second possibility is that someone came into my house, ate that sandwich, then felt guilty or didn’t want me to notice the sandwich was gone, and so then made a second sandwich. This also feels unlikely. Only 2 people have a key to my house; my parents who live over an hour away, and a neighbor, who will walk my dog for me on those rare occasions when I can’t come home for lunch. I simply can’t imagine why my neighbor or parents would do such a strange thing. Yes, I’ve asked them about it, and all insist it wasn’t them. And I doubt someone would break into my place and do that with a 70 pound German Shepard guarding the house.

Also, I live alone with my dog. No roommates and nobody other than the above mentioned have keys.

I’ve had a few other unexplained experiences in my life, but they’ve centered around the death of someone close to me, and so I’ve consider those more as after death communications rather than a glitch-in-the-matrix.

Thank you for taking the time to read.



Submitted December 31, 2016 at 11:31PM by PickUpAfterYourDog http://ift.tt/2ioQ6qz Glitch_in_the_Matrix

No comments:

Post a Comment