Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Advice on a currently thawing/brining turkey Cooking

So I started concurrently brining and thawing a turkey yesterday evening to be cooked on the morning of the 30th for a late Friendsmas, giving a total of 2.5ish days. However, due to unforeseen circumstances, we had to change the day to next Monday. The turkey is set to brine and thaw for 5 days right now.

It's sitting in a bucket in my refrigerator, and the brine is of an unknown (kinda high) salinity, due to my wonderful, but occasionally barbarous, friend.

I'm thinking of dumping the current brine when I get home from work, and replacing it with a solution of less-brined water, since it will be sitting in there longer. Is this a good idea?

Also, should I be concerned about the turkey going bad over this amount of time? With it staying in water in my refrigerator, it should stay under 40 degrees, right?.

Finally, will the meat start to deteriorate or become too salty with a brine this long? If so, is there any way to avoid this happening



Submitted December 29, 2016 at 04:18AM by Bandefaca http://ift.tt/2hu9kfq Cooking

No comments:

Post a Comment