Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Purchasing insulin in Southeast Asia diabetes

I am type 1 and will be traveling Southeast Asia for 3 months and using a pump. I have frio bags, plenty of extra supplies (strips, reservoirs, infusion sites), a loaner pump, extra meter, and everything I should need. But, being there for three months and unsure whether I will have access to a refrigerator with any regularity, I will need to purchase insulin twice while I am there.

I am having trouble finding much info on buying insulin in Taiwan, Hong Kong, and the Philippines (the three places I would potentially be buying from). I currently use Novolog, but could obviously switch to Humalog if it were available.

tl;dr Does anyone know if it's possible (and if so, how easy/expensive) to get Novolog or Humalog vials in Taiwan, Philippines, or Hong Kong?



Submitted August 05, 2015 at 03:27AM by marshalj http://ift.tt/1IFuaLG diabetes

No comments:

Post a Comment