Saturday, December 30, 2017

Refrigerator ice machine not making ice fixit

I have a side by side Frigidaire refrigerator, and I've noticed that the ice machine has basically stopped making ice. There were little cubes in the slots, but I knocked them down to see if they'd make more and it hasn't for a couple days. It has both an ice and water function, and the water spout works fine. I was thinking it had something to do with how cold I keep my apartment, but it hasn't gone under 62 degrees F, so that can't be it (I also live in New England, and it's been pretty freezing cold up here the last few days). I also live in a complex, so this isn't my fridge. I was hoping to see if I could do a quick fix before calling maintenance. I had done some research and thought maybe the water spout/hose that feeds water into the ice maker might have frozen water inside blocking the path, and it said to take a hair dryer and heat it up a little until that icicle melted. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Frigidaire Model number: FFHS2313LSC Serial number: 4A34813716



Submitted December 30, 2017 at 08:46PM by SundanceKidZero http://ift.tt/2lrl8zY fixit

No comments:

Post a Comment