Thursday, December 28, 2017

Few questions before buying an Anova. sousvide

I recently learned about the existence of sous vide cooking and I have a few questions before buying my own Anova. Hope this is a good place to ask !

  1. Can I cook frozen meat? I've read this article but can this be done the exact same way with Anova?
  2. I'm considering the WiFi version to start cooking remotely. How would I handle my typical day?

    • Leave home for work at 8am.
    • Probably start remote cooking around 4-5pm
    • Come back from work/gym around 7pm to a ready to eat meat.
    • Is it safe to put my sous vide (using ziploc bag) meat in icy water in the morning until 5pm? If not, would it be safe with frozen meat?
  3. How much time can the meat still cook after the recommended cooking time? If for example I have too cook a steak at 129F for 2 hours. What will happen if it cooks for 4-6 hours?

  4. Can I cook using only Ziploc bags? Event for longer period? (12-24h+) I've read it could be dangerous...

  5. How do you reheat your cooked meat? Let's say I cook a big piece of meat for the week and cut it in pieces then put them in the refrigerator/freezer?



Submitted December 29, 2017 at 09:26AM by dggg http://ift.tt/2CkkNaq sousvide

No comments:

Post a Comment